Why study in Fiji?
Fiji is made up of 300 islands, meaning lots of opportunities for traveling and exploring during your time studying abroad. The two main islands of Fiji, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, are home to over 85% of the country’s population. The islands’ have a rich culture including strong communities, musical traditions, and cuisine.
The scenery of Fiji is a huge drawn to both tourists and students: its beautiful beaches and tropical jungle make it a paradise. The location lends itself to many activities such as hiking, and water sports.
What are the best programs in Fiji?
Fiji offers internationally recognized qualifications from its higher education institutions. There are also many opportunities to study for vocational certificates and qualifications.
Bachelor’s degrees in Fiji take four years to complete. Master’s degrees can be taught or research, and take between 1-3 years full time.
Whether you’re looking to study for a bachelor’s, master’s, PhD, or MBA in Fiji, Studee can help you find the perfect university for you.
Popular subjects to study in Fiji
How Studee can help you
University & program searchFind the right program for you and your career aspirations
Application guidanceWe'll get you to the right place to start your application
Visa & travel adviceGet help after application, all the way to your first day at university
Our team of advisors is ready to support you at every step of your study abroad journey.
Our services are 100% free for students like you because we're funded by universities.
What is the cost of studying in Fiji?
A year’s tuition in Fiji is cheaper than in many other countries. Fees may cost between USD$10,000 - $15,000.
Fiji’s living costs are considerably cheaper than that of Australia and New Zealand. A semester’s rent may be equivalent to a month’s rent in popular student cities elsewhere. In many cases, food can be cheaper to buy out rather than cook at home.
Student reviews for Fiji
University of the South Pacific Business Law
- What's it like to study in Fiji?
- Very friendly locals and a lot of tropical food that I enjoy. The traveling links are very well structured. Everything here runs on a system.
Nothing unexpected for me personally.
University of the South Pacific Hospitality Management
- What's it like to study in Fiji?
- I have been studying in Fiji since secondary level. That being said, it is definitely one of the friendliest places I have ever been to. I have been studying away from my parents for quite a while, and people have accepted me not as a foreigner, but as one of their own.
Traveling to Fiji is not always convenient, due to its distance, but I believe there are many options available to get to it. Also, places you can go during your holidays are amazing - you can truly see the island life here.
Fijian Dollar $ Currency
75,000 Student population
English, Fijian, and Fiji Hindi Languages
Where can you study in Fiji?
The majority of universities in Fiji are on Viti Levu. The capital of Fiji Suva is in the south of the island, and is the largest South Pacific metropolis outside of New Zealand. Nadi, on the island’s west coast is a vital transport hub for the country.
Universities in Fiji
What are the requirements to study in Fiji?
QualificationsYour post-secondary education will be assessed by universities in Fiji to see if it meets their entry standards. In general, you should have passed 12 years of education to a good standard, but some universities may also look at your work experience or extracurricular achievements.
English language testsUniversities in Fiji may accept TOEFL or IELTS as proof of your English language ability. If you are from an English speaking country or have studied in English before, then you may not need to fulfill an English requirement.
Fiji student visa
Most international students will need a student permit to study in Fiji. Once you have your confirmation of a place at a university you will need to fill in an application form by post, as well as providing the following:
- A university acceptance letter
- Copy of passport biodata, and two passport photos
- Results of a medical, and police report
- Proof of finances
- Application fee
How to study in Fiji
- Choose a university and program in Fiji
- Ensure you can meet the specific requirements set by the university and take any necessary English tests
- Apply through the university’s chosen platform. Submit your application which will include sections such as personal data, educational background, and a letter of intent
- Submit any supporting documents such as official translated transcripts, test scores and proof of finances
- Pay an application fee if necessary
- Wait for a decision on your application
- Accept your offer and pay any deposits for tuition or accommodation
- Start the process for your Fiji visa