Apply to Southwestern Oregon Community College: Accredited university partner
We maximize your chance of getting admitted to your chosen universities. Reduced application fees, a free assessment and access to a dedicated advisor.
Why use Studee?
Find your ideal program
Filter 10,000s of programs down to a shortlist perfect for you, where you have a strong chance of getting admitted
Apply online via Studee
Complete our application form and enjoy reduced application fees and access to unique Studee scholarships for many universities
We assess within 48hrs
We complete an 85-point assessment within 2 business days, help you with improvements then submit to your university
University offer in 2-4 weeks
We chase the university for your admission decision and keep you updated. We all celebrate your admission!
All our services are 100% free as we're funded by universities. You pay deposits and tuition fees directly to the university.
Study abroad at Southwestern Oregon Community College
Southwestern Oregon Community College (SWOCC) is a welcoming, creative institution based in the scenic city of Coos Bay. SWOCC is proud to offer an outstanding college education at an affordable price.
With over 70 associate degrees and certificate programs to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find a course that suits your interests and ambitions. You can major in everything from arts and humanities, to business and education.
Stretched along the beautiful Oregon Coast, the College’s campus is home to state-of-the-art facilities. With lakefront housing, a library, computer labs, and a recreational center, SWOCC has everything you need for an unforgettable student experience.
Life outside the classroom is just as enriching. There are plenty of extracurricular activities to get involved in, including skiing and snowboarding trips, movie nights, barbecues, and concerts. If sport’s your thing, you can join one of the 18 varsity athletic teams.
Why study at SWOCC?
- Small classes
Average class sizes of 12 ensure high interaction with professors
Southwestern charges no out-of-state tuition fees
- Transfer opportunities
Continue your education at top universities in the US and beyond
All students can participate in work placements
- Financial support
88% of full-time freshmen receive financial aid at Southwestern
Life as an international student
Your academic, social, and personal success is SWOCC’s top priority. That’s why the College has established an extensive support system for all international students.
If you’d like some extra help with your studies, you can access one-to-one tutoring, writing classes, and math labs. The College also runs counseling sessions and financial aid workshops to help you manage student life.
All international students are offered a place in the College’s apartment-style units. These spacious rooms come fully-furnished and are within easy walking distance of all campus facilities.
Student life & facilities
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition: US$9,810 per year
Annual Southwestern Foundation Scholarships
The Southwestern Foundation offers nearly 200 scholarships for students attending or planning to attend Southwestern, totaling more than US$250,000 in money awarded to students.
- Amount: US$2,000
- Requirements: This scholarship is specifically for international students attending Southwestern from China. Applicant must be an international student from the People's Republic of China.
Dennis and Janet Beetham Family Scholarship
- Amount: US$2,000
- Requirements: This scholarship is to encourage and inspire high-performing, motivated students to pursue rigorous classes and training leading to careers in the sciences, specifically related to chemistry, physics and engineering. Recipients must have a 3.0+ GPA, be pursuing a degree in chemistry, physics, math or engineering and be enrolled in science and math classes related to these tracks of study. Preference is given to students with financial need.
Flaxel Family Scholarship
- Amount: US$1,500
- Requirements: This scholarship is designated for a Southwestern student who has a declared field of study and financial need. There are no additional requirements.
Early Bird Scholarship
- Amount: US$1,000
- Requirements: This scholarship is set up as an incentive for students to submit their Southwestern Foundation scholarship applications well ahead of the deadline. As such, only students who submit their application by February 1 (the "early bird" deadline) will be entered into the pool of applicants to potentially receive the Early Bird Scholarship. Recipients must be enrolled in at least 6 credits for each term the scholarship is awarded.
Southwestern Oregon Community College
1988 Newmark Ave, Coos Bay, OR 97420, United States
Coos Bay is a lively location for international students, packed with culture and outdoor activities.
Visa requirements for Southwestern Oregon Community College
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements