Apply to St. Francis Xavier University: Accredited university partner
We maximize your chance of getting admitted to your chosen universities. Reduced application fees, a free assessment and access to a dedicated advisor.
Why use Studee?
Find your ideal program
Filter 10,000s of programs down to a shortlist perfect for you, where you have a strong chance of getting admitted
Apply online via Studee
Complete our application form and enjoy reduced application fees and access to unique Studee scholarships for many universities
We assess within 48hrs
We complete an 85-point assessment within 2 business days, help you with improvements then submit to your university
University offer in 2-4 weeks
We chase the university for your admission decision and keep you updated. We all celebrate your admission!
All our services are 100% free as we're funded by universities. You pay deposits and tuition fees directly to the university.
Study abroad at St. Francis Xavier University
St. Francis Xavier University (StFX) is located in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada, and is one of Canada’s oldest and most prestigious universities. StFX is home to 4,200 undergraduate students and is a small school offering small class sizes and a personalized approach. The University is organized into the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Education, and the Gerald Schwartz School of Business.
Nearly 90% of first-year students live on campus, which means students are welcomed into an immediate community of friends and peers. Their campus has a wide range of facilities, including a live theater, art gallery, health and counseling center, various dining options including Starbucks, an athletic complex, and a campus bookstore.
This socially engaged campus offers opportunities for leadership through their student government, over 100 clubs and societies, employment opportunities for more than a quarter of students, and projects to develop leadership skills.
The University has a strong athletics program with almost 100 regional and national championships. They offer a range of sports including basketball, cross country, ice hockey, soccer, and track and field.
Why study at StFX?
- Exceptional Academic Experience
With smaller class sizes, students will get to know their professors and engage with what they are learning in a dynamic way
- World-class learning environment
StFX is one of Canada’s most beautiful and inspiring residential campuses located in a safe and comfortable part of the Province of Nova Scotia.
- StFX Graduates are in demand
StFX has one of the best university reputations when it comes to Canadian employers.
Life as an international student
StFX welcomes students from around the world to Antigonish, Nova Scotia each year. StFX's Office of Internationalization has been ranked number one in Canada and number six globally for student satisfaction (International Student Barometer, 2020) and is the hub for information and support for students.
As an international student, you will receive support from the trained and experienced team from application to arriving in Canada, during your studies, and beyond. From the International Student Orientation to workshops on working in Canada, social trips to the beach or maple syrup farm, and on-campus celebrations like Diwali and Lunar New Year, you'll find the specialized support you need to be successful living and learning in Canada.
Student life & facilities
Fees and funding
Students choose to study in Canada for many reasons, including the vast beauty of a large country, multicultural society, safe communities, and affordable education.
Financing your education is very important. At StFX, they have the resources to guide you through your educational financial planning to keep you on track.
St. Francis Xavier University provides over $4 million in scholarships and financial aid to students each year. In fact, students with an admissions average of 85% and over are guaranteed an entrance scholarship worth at least $5,000.
- Undergraduate tuition: CAD$22,646 per year
- Postgraduate tuition: from CAD$15,552 to CAD$18,534 per year
- CAD$5,000 Entrance Scholarship: All 1st-year, full-time undergraduate students with a scholarship average of 85-89.9%. (CAD$1,250, renewable for 4 years)
- CAD$7,000 Entrance Scholarship: All 1st-year, full-time undergraduate students, with a scholarship average 90-95.9%. (CAD$1750, renewable for 4 years)
- CAD$12,000 Merit: All 1st-year, full-time undergraduate students, with a scholarship average 96% and higher. (CAD$3,000, renewable for 4 years)
StFX Transfer Scholarship
- Amount: CAD$2,000 non-renewable
- Requirements: All students transferring full-time to StFX, student must be accepted with an average of 80% or higher on a full time course load and have a minimum 80% average.
Schwartz National Scholars
- Amount: CAD$10,000 non-renewable
- All full-time International undergraduate degree or diploma students, full-time students registered in course-based master’s program, or full-time students registered in a post-baccalaureate diploma program. Minimum 85% average and demonstrated StFX qualities of academic and/or athletic excellence, leadership, and service to community. Open to all international students studying on a study permit
International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships
- Amount: CAD$1,000 to CAD$5,000 non-renewable
- Requirements: All 1st-year full-time undergraduate students. Minimum 85% average and have achieved superior academic standing while demonstrating StFX qualities of leadership and service to community. Open to all international students.
St. Francis Xavier University
Antigonish, NS B2G 2W5, Canada
Located in the historic town of Antigonish, students will enjoy a safe and comfortable living and learning environment. This cozy university town has all the amenities you need with maximum opportunity to enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings through all four seasons.
Visa requirements for St. Francis Xavier University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Canada, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Canada student visa requirements