Why study in Australia?
Australia is a modern and multicultural country, making it a popular choice for international students. There are different cultures, food, languages and religious backgrounds to be found throughout the country’s six states and their cities. Australian universities offer a high quality education on par with many UK and US institutions.
English is the official language of Australia, however there are many words and phrases that are specific to Australian English.
How Studee can help you
Universities & programs
Find the right program for you and your career aspirations
Be guided through your application process
Visa & embassy guidance
Maximise your chances of being granted a visa
Enrollment & travel advice
Get support all the way to your first day at university
What is the cost of studying in Australia?
Fees in Australia can be around $30,000 per year for a bachelor’s program.
On top of the fees, Australian living costs can also be high. This is especially the case in popular cities like Sydney and Melbourne where you may need around $15,000 a year for living expenses.
Australian Dollar $ Currency
1 million Student population
Where can you study in Australia?
The population of Australia is concentrated along the eastern and southeastern coasts: the most populated states are New South Wales and Victoria, and their capitals Sydney and Melbourne are the largest cities in Australia making them popular for students.
The landscape in Australia is very diverse including snow capped mountains in the Australian alps, to desert in ‘The Outback’.
Universities in Australia
What are the requirements to study in Australia?
QualificationsGenerally, you will need to have completed secondary school education in your home country to a high standard. Some universities may offer you the option of a Technical and Further Education (TAFE) university pathway course; this provides you with an Australian high school qualification. You can then be enrolled at your chosen university.
English language testsAustralian institutions may prefer IELTS or TOEFL for an English language requirement, or may accept both. Always check which one you need with the institution you’re applying to.
Australia student visa
As an international full time student you would be required to have a Subclass 500 Student Visa in order to study in Australia. This visa lasts up to five years but varies depending on the duration of your specific program.
This visa also allows for up to 40 hours of work every two weeks from your course start date.
It is a condition of your student visa that you maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).Australia student visa requirements
How to study in Australia
- Find a university and a program you want to study in Australia
- Apply to the program online through the university's chosen platform
- Fill out your personal information including your complete educational and employment backgrounds
- Upload any requested documents: transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and passport
- Upload bank statements to show you can support yourself for tuition and Australian living costs
- Submit your statement of purpose outlining why you want to study in Australia and how your previous education or work is relevant
- Submit your application and wait for an offer from the university
- Accept an offer from a university and secure your place with any necessary tuition or accommodation deposits
- Start your Subclass 500 Australian visa process