Publishing - MSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Pace University says about their program:
"PREPARE TO BE AN INNOVATOR IN A RAPIDLY EVOLVING INDUSTRY
The convergence of traditional and digital media has created exciting opportunities for emerging publishing professionals. The graduate program in Publishing equips students with the skills necessary to launch and maintain successful careers in the dynamic publishing and interactive media industries.
You will develop expertise in the critical area of content creation and editing, while also providing a strong foundation in the business of publishing, digital media, and editorial and marketing skills. Our comprehensive curriculum reflects the most current industry innovations such as eBooks, apps, mobile platforms, blogs and other social media. Our internship program gives you the opportunity to apply your classroom knowledge at leading publishers like Condé Nast, American Media, Inc., Simon & Schuster, and Hachette Book Group.
Plus, you can complete the program in a traditional classroom setting within two years. Online completion is also available.
Meet the expert professors within the Publishing graduate program."
Below you will find information and advice regarding the undergraduate admission process for international students.
UG TOEFL 80 / IETLS 6.5 / Pearson PTE 54 PG TOEFL 90 / IELTS 7.0 / Pearson PTE 61 TOEFL code for NYC Campus 2635 TOEFL code for Westchester Campus 2685
English Proficiency Waivers
- Proof of citizenship from United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
- SAT/ACT scores of 500 or better can be received in lieu of TOEFL/IELTS (mandatory for scholarships)
- IB students with English A1/A2 or B1/B2 results with scores of 4 or better GPA of B or better, 80+ out of 100 or 2.5 over 4.0 scale
GMAT (where applicable) preferred minimum score is 510 with an average score of 570. or GRE (where applicable) preferred score 153, verbal 153, Quant = 520 GMAT) - GRE is not mandatory for students who have completed a 4 year US equivalent Bachelors degree
The preferred GPA for PG is 3.0, but strong 2.7 or above push through.
- The Pace Global Pathways Programs are an excellent opportunity for international students to attend Pace but who do not yet meet the English language proficiency requirements for direct admission to one of the undergraduate or graduate degree programs.
- Application and fee
A completed application and $50 nonrefundable application fee. Pace offers online and print application options, which vary by student type. Applicants applying under the Early Decision plan should submit the Early Decision Agreement (PDF).
Send a photocopy or fax of your valid passport/national identity card displaying your photo and name.
- Letters of recommendation
Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who knows you well and can attest to your academic potential and personal characteristics. (Letters of recommendation are not required for international transfer students.)
- A written essay/personal statement
One essay/personal statement, approximately 250-650 words in length, which will help the Admission Committee review your application. The essay/personal statement you submit must be your own original work. You may write on a subject of your choice or choose a set topic.
- Course descriptions or syllabus (in English) from each post-secondary school attended (transfer applicants only).
- Official test scores and other educational materials must be sent directly from the testing authority or institution.
- Official transcripts, diplomas, and leaving examination scores from secondary and post-secondary schools (in English). Transcripts are considered official only if they are sent directly to Pace University from the education institution of origin, any NACES accredited translation evaluator (preferred), The student's Ministry of Education, A U.S. consular officer, an EducationUSA adviser or The Institute for Foreign Credential Services.
- Applicants may send unofficial copies of all transcripts to [email protected] for the initial processing and review of your application. Please include your name and program of interest. If you are admitted, your offer is contingent upon the receipt and verification of all official printed transcripts.
UG Fall Semester (September) - deadline November 1 UG Spring Semester (January) - deadline December 1
PG Fall Semester (September) - deadline June 1 PG Spring Semester (January) - deadline October 1
Fees and funding
Financial assistance can come from many places, including scholarships, grants, on-campus employment, and loans. Pace values strong academic performance by offering a wealth of merit-based scholarships to high achieving students. University-sponsored scholarships are also awarded to students on the basis of financial need and service to the community.
Pace values strong academic performance by offering a wealth of merit-based scholarships to high-achieving students. In fall 2017, 78% of undergraduate international students received some form of merit-based scholarship money.
Pace University offers a substantial amount of merit and need based scholarships and grants. University-sponsored scholarships are awarded to students on the basis of academic merit, service to the community and financial need.
Visa requirements for Pace University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements