Study abroad at Keele University
Keele University is a public research university located in the English county of Staffordshire. Keele has the largest single site campus in the UK, set in over 600 acres of countryside.
The campus provides student accommodation, library facilities, a Students’ Union, shops, restaurants and cafes, as well as teaching facilities. The campus also contains a chapel, an Islamic Center and an inclusive quiet space for those of any faith.
Keele offers a wide range of degree programs at bachelor's, master’s and doctorate levels. Keele's areas of expertise include medicine and health sciences, humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
Why study at Keele University?
- Student satisfaction
Keele University is ranked joint second in England for student satisfaction with course (Guardian University League Table, 2020)
- Green campus
Keele’s campus is in the global top 25 for campus sustainability (UI Green Metric ranking, 2020)
- International outlook
Keele is ranked in the globe's top 250 universities with an excellent international outlook (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2020)
- Employment prospects
96% of graduates find work after completing their degree at Keele
Life as an international student
Keele University has a dedicated International Student Support team who are on hand to support you during your time studying in the UK. They offer a complimentary meet and greet service from London Heathrow and Manchester airports to ensure you receive a warm, friendly welcome. They also offer a program of practical and social activities that are designed to help you settle in and make friends.
Keele offers specialist international students confidential advice on topics such as immigration, finance and welfare concerns.
Student life & facilities
How Studee can help you
University & program searchFind the right program for you and your career aspirations
Application guidanceWe'll get you to the right place to start your application
Visa & travel adviceGet help after application, all the way to your first day at university
Our team of advisors is ready to support you at every step of your study abroad journey.
Our services are 100% free for students like you because we're funded by universities.
Fees and funding
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants for undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the academic year.
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants:
- International Year One - £14,320
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects in the Social Sciences and Humanities (three-year degrees) - £14,750 / year
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects which include one laboratory science* or Music or Music Technology, Single Honours Music and Music Technology, or Single Honours Psychology and Education (three-year degrees) - £15,000 / year
- Single Honours and Combination of two laboratory science subjects (including single honours*) (three-year degrees and four-year degrees) - £16,250 / year
- Physiotherapy (four-year degree) - £18,000 / year
- Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business Single Honours - £18,000
- Pharmacy (four-year degree for MPharm) - £18,000
- Pharmacy (five-year degree for MPharm) - £24,000
- Nursing - £18,000
- Radiography - £18,000
- Medicine MBChB (five-year degree) - £32,000
- Pre-Masters - £9,300
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) - £20,000
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management, MSc Finance and Management, MA Human Resource Management - £16,250
- MA International Business, MA Management, MA Marketing - £16,250
- MA Contemporary Literature and Film, MA Creative Writing, MA English Literature - £14,750
- MA Human Rights, Globalisation & Justice, MA Medical Ethics & Law - £14,750
- MA Global Media & Culture, MA Global Media and Management - £14,750
- MSc Environmental Sustainability & Green Technology, MSc in Geoscience Research - £15,500
- MSc Advanced Computer Science - £15,000
- Child Development, Clinical Psychological Research - £15,500
- MA Medical Ethics & Palliative Care, MA Human Rights, Globalisation & Justice - £14,750
- MA Medical Ethics & Law, MA Child Care Law and Practice - £14,750
- MA Safeguarding Adults, Law, Policy & Practice, LLM Law and Society, LLM International Law - £14,750
Bursaries and Scholarships for international students:
The Keele International Excellence Scholarship
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements
Developing Countries Scholarship
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle, income countries (as defined by the World Bank)
Article 26 Asylum Seeker Bursary
100% tuition fee waiver funding for asylum seekers and forced migrants (applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria, only one bursary per academic year)
Keele Alumni discount
A discount of 20% of the taught postgraduate course fee is offered.
Students who have graduated from Keele or a Keele program delivered overseas. Students who undertook a study abroad placement or exchange program at Keele will also be eligible for this fee reduction.
Keele International Excellence Scholarship (PGT)
One-off tuition fee discounts of up to £5,000 are available to international postgraduate taught students across a wide range of subject areas (excluding medicine and physiotherapy programs).
The Developing Countries Scholarship
One off tuition fee discounts of £1,000 are available to international students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank as at December 2018).
Keele, Newcastle ST5 5BG, UK
Keele University is ideally situated just minutes from the bustling university town of Newcastle-under-Lyme, and the ever-developing city of Stoke-on-Trent. It's also less than an hour away from big cities like Manchester and Birmingham.
Visa requirements for Keele University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the UK, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.UK student visa requirements