Apply to Linnaeus University: Accredited university partner
We maximize your chance of getting admitted to your chosen universities. Reduced application fees, a free assessment and access to a dedicated advisor.
Why use Studee?
Find your ideal program
Filter 10,000s of programs down to a shortlist perfect for you, where you have a strong chance of getting admitted
Apply online via Studee
Complete our application form and enjoy reduced application fees and access to unique Studee scholarships for many universities
We assess within 48hrs
We complete an 85-point assessment within 2 business days, help you with improvements then submit to your university
University offer in 2-4 weeks
We chase the university for your admission decision and keep you updated. We all celebrate your admission!
All our services are 100% free as we're funded by universities. You pay deposits and tuition fees directly to the university.
Study abroad at Linnaeus University
Linnaeus University is based in the Swedish cities of Kalmar and Växjö, and offers a modern, high quality education. The University’s student life is characterized with many cultural and social activities and interesting programs to choose from.
Växjö has been declared ‘the greenest city in Europe’ and is surrounded by wonderful forests and lakes, while Kalmar is a charming town dating back to the Middle Ages, beautifully located by the Baltic Sea.
International students at Linnaeus University can study at both undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level. Linnaeus University does not own any housing themselves, but has agreements with local housing companies in order to arrange accommodation for some students.
Why study at Linnaeus University?
- Mentor program
International students are paired up with Swedish students to help them settle in
- International profile
partnered with universities in over 60 countries
- Amazing diversity
The student community is very global
Life as an international student
Linnaeus University has a strong international profile, with partner universities in more than 60 countries. Each year around 2,000 international students from across the globe go to Linnaeus to study.
The University operates a buddy program for international students to be paired with Swedish students; this is to help support students when moving to Linnaeus and giving them a source of information on life in Sweden.
The students’ union at Linnaeus University – Linnéstudenterna – works to ensure that all students receive the best possible education, but also supports a network of clubs and societies for students to join. Sports teams are also available for students to join.
Student life & facilities
Fees and funding
Students with citizenship not within the EU / EEA, or Switzerland, are required to pay application and tuition fees.
The tuition fees at Linnaeus University are divided into categories. Course fees are determined on an annual basis but will apply to the whole period of study for which the student has been admitted.
Each year Linnaeus University offers scholarships to outstanding students from countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland through the program 'Linnaeus University Scholarships'.
Scholarships are available for students who study master's programs as well as for students who are studying courses within the Summer Academy. It's possible to get up to 100 percent reduction of the tuition fees for a full program. Scholarships for students who study programs will not cover living costs or other costs. Scholarships for courses within the Summer Academy will, however, cover both tuition fee and living costs.
- Undergraduate tuition: from SEK110,000 to SEK285,500 per year
- Postgraduate tuition: from SEK109,700 to SEK285,000 per year
Linnaeus University Scholarship
- Amount: Up to 75% reduction of the tuition fees for the rest of the program. The scholarship is initially granted for one semester, but will automatically be extended for the duration of the study program (2 up to 4 semesters), provided that study results are satisfactory. The scholarship does not cover living costs or other costs.
- Requirements: You are eligible to apply if you are from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland; have applied for a master program at Linnaeus University before January 16 AND have sent/uploaded all required documents before February 1; have chosen Linnaeus University as your first choice on your application; paid the application fee before February 1 and have filled out the application form before the deadline of the application.
Scholarships for Current Students at Linnaeus University
- Amount: This scholarship is for students already enrolled in a two- or three-year lasting programs at Linnaeus University at bachelor or master level and covers 75 percent of the tuition fee. The scholarships will initially be granted for one semester, but will automatically be extended for the duration of the study program (2 up to 4 semesters), provided that study results are satisfactory.
- Requirements: You are eligible to apply if you are from a country outside of the EU/EEA and Switzerland; already are enrolled in a two- or three-year lasting program at Linnaeus University at Bachelor or Master level; are registered on full time studies and have passed at least 30 credits within your program. Linnaeus University's decision to award scholarships will be based on study completion and grades of the previous year/years of your program. With study completion, we mean the number of credits that you have passed in comparison to the possible number of credits that you could have taken. CV and motivation letter is not required.
P G Vejdes väg, 351 95 Växjö, Sweden & Pedalstråket 11. 392. Kalmar, Sweden
Växjö is the "capital" of Kronoberg County in south-eastern Sweden. It has been declared ‘the greenest city in Europe’ and is surrounded by wonderful forests and lakes.
Visa requirements for Linnaeus University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Sweden, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Sweden student visa requirements