Study abroad at Keele University
Keele University is a public research university located in the English county of Staffordshire. Keele has the largest single site campus in the UK, set in over 600 acres of countryside.
The campus provides student accommodation, library facilities, a Students’ Union, shops, restaurants and cafes, as well as teaching facilities. The campus also contains a chapel, an Islamic Center and an inclusive quiet space for those of any faith.
Keele offers a wide range of degree programs at bachelor's, master’s and doctorate levels. Keele's areas of expertise include medicine and health sciences, humanities and social sciences and natural sciences.
Why study at Keele University?
- Student satisfaction
Keele University is ranked joint 1st in England for program satisfaction (Guardian University League Table 2019)
- Green campus
Keele’s campus is in the global top 20 for campus sustainability (UI Green Metric ranking, 2018)
- Graduate employability
96% of graduates were in a job or further study six months following graduation (HESA Destination of Leavers from Higher Education 2017)
Life as an international student
Keele University has a dedicated International Student Support team who are on hand to support you during your time studying in the UK. They offer a complimentary meet and greet service from London Heathrow and Manchester airports to ensure you receive a warm, friendly welcome. They also offer a program of practical and social activities that are designed to help you settle in and make friends.
Keele offers specialist international students confidential advice on topics such as immigration, finance and welfare concerns.
Student life & facilities
How Studee can help you
Universities & programs
Find the right program for you and your career aspirations
Be guided through your application process
Visa & embassy guidance
Maximise your chances of being granted a visa
Enrollment & travel advice
Get support all the way to your first day at university
Fees and funding
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants for undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the academic year.
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants:
- International Year One - £14,320
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects in the Social Sciences and Humanities(three-year degrees) - £14,750
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects which include one laboratory science* or Music or Music Technology, Single Honours Music and Music Technology, or Single Honours Psychology and Education (three-year degrees) - £15,000
- Single Honours and Combination of two laboratory science subjects (including single honours*) (three-year degrees and four-year degrees) - £16,250
- Physiotherapy (four-year degree) - £18,000
- Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business Single Honours - £18,000
- Pharmacy (four-year degree for MPharm) - £18,000
- Pharmacy (five-year degree for MPharm) - £24,000
- Nursing - £18,000
- Radiography - £18,000
- Medicine MBChB (five-year degree) - £32,000
- Pre-Masters - £9,300
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) - £20,000
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management, MSc Finance and Management, MA Human Resource Management - £16,250
- MA Contemporary Literature and Film, MA Creative Writing, MA English Literature - £14,750
- MA Human Rights, Globalisation & Justice, MA Medical Ethics & Law - £14,750
- MA Global Media & Culture, MA Global Media and Management - £14,750
- MSc Environmental Sustainability & Green Technology, MSc in Geoscience Research - £15,500
- MSc Advanced Computer Science - £15,000
- Child Development, Clinical Psychological Research - £15,500
Bursaries and Scholarships for international students:
The Keele International Excellence Scholarship
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements
Developing Countries Scholarship
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle, income countries (as defined by the World Bank)
Article 26 Asylum Seeker Bursary
100% tuition fee waiver funding for asylum seekers and forced migrants (applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria, only one bursary per academic year)
Keele Alumni discount
A discount of 20% of the taught postgraduate course fee is offered.
Students who have graduated from Keele or a Keele program delivered overseas. Students who undertook a study abroad placement or exchange program at Keele will also be eligible for this fee reduction.
Keele International Excellence Scholarship (PGT)
One-off tuition fee discounts of up to £5,000 are available to international postgraduate taught students across a wide range of subject areas (excluding medicine and physiotherapy programs).
The Developing Countries Scholarship
One off tuition fee discounts of £1,000 are available to international students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank as at December 2018).
Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarships
The scholarship provides:
- Full tuition fee costs for up to a maximum of four years
- A further cash award of £1200 towards living costs and £250 towards course costs loaded onto the students' Keele Card in each year of study, funded by the Felix Andrew Opportunity Fund
- Personal Support
support will be developed for each successful student to enable them to identify and overcome barriers to achievement on their degree program.
Keele, Newcastle ST5 5BG, UK
Keele University is ideally situated just minutes from the bustling university town of Newcastle-under-Lyme, and the ever-developing city of Stoke-on-Trent. It's also less than an hour away from big cities like Manchester and Birmingham.
Visa requirements for University of Keele
Many international students will require a visa to study in the UK, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.UK student visa requirements