Check whether Abertay University is right for you as an international student.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
- Dundee, UK
- University type: Public
- Rank: 2012
Program types Master's degrees, Bachelor's degrees, Postgraduate certificates, Undergraduate Certificate
Programs total 81
Acceptance rates 29%
International Students 611
Study abroad at Abertay University
Previously known as the University of Abertay, Abertay University is a public institution located in the heart of Dundee, Scotland. The University boasts a close-knit campus, with all buildings and local amenities within 15 minutes of each other.
The University offers a wide range of programs at undergraduate, postgraduate taught, and postgraduate research levels. Abertay is particularly known for its computer games degrees, and was the first university to offer such programs.
The campus is made up of four buildings, with another four residence buildings offering double and single rooms, bedsits and rooms with en-suites. There are also a number of leisure facilities available to students on campus, including a gym and more than 20 sports clubs you can join.
Why study at Abertay University?
- Small class sizes
Abertay University has small class sizes which mean you’re on first name terms with your lecturer
- Highly ranked
Abertay is ranked number 1 for computer games degrees
Life as an international student
Abertay University welcomes students from all over the world representing over 60 nationalities, and they offer a wide range of support to their international students. The University’s student services department has a dedicated advisor who is on hand to help you with a range of issues.
As well as offering support for things like visa applications and finances, they can also provide the international student welcome and orientation programs. These are designed to help you get to grips with life at Abertay before the start of term.
The University offers more than 30 clubs and societies you can join, including an international student society. Joining clubs are a great way to meet people and make new friends, and you can even start your own if you don’t find one that fits your interests.
Student life & facilities
How Studee can help you
Universities & programs
Find the right program for you and your career aspirations
Be guided through your application process
Visa & embassy guidance
Maximise your chances of being granted a visa
Enrollment & travel advice
Get support all the way to your first day at university
Fees and funding
International student fees are guaranteed in advance for the duration of the study. Abertay University offers financial support for living and travel costs.
UG Abertay International Scholarship
Award of up to £12,000 for prospective new international undergraduate students starting their degree in September 2020. The award is £3,000 per year, paid in equal installments in January and April, and for a maximum of 4 years. Eligibility
- Be classified as International (Overseas) fee status by Abertay University.
- Registered as a full-time student for your first undergraduate degree.
- Have met all the academic conditions attached to your offer of admission for entry to the University as a new full-time student in September 2020. Students who are admitted with Advanced Entry into Level 2 or above, and who meet the above conditions, will also be eligible for this Award. Applicants who already hold a UK undergraduate degree are not eligible. We're sorry to advise that this Award is not available to currently registered students, or to students transferring from another UK higher education institution regardless of whether they meet the above criteria. The Award will be paid for each year of your undergraduate degree, up to a maximum of 4 years, while you are studying in Dundee. The Award will not be paid for any year you spend studying abroad or working in the industry.
INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE ABERTAY SCHOLARSHIP
This £3,000 award is open to all prospective new international (non-EU) taught postgraduate (MSc/MProf) students who:
- Are international (non-EU) students who are domiciled outside of the UK.
- Are classified as overseas fee status by Abertay University.
- Are applying for postgraduate study with a 2:1 UK Bachelors degree equivalent or better.
- For students starting in September 2020, you will receive your scholarship in equal instalments in January and April. For students starting in January 2021, you will receive your scholarship in equal instalments in April and September. Eligibility:
- Have been classified as international (overseas) fee status by Abertay University.
- Have registered with Abertay University as a full-time student for your first postgraduate degree. Applicants who already hold a UK postgraduate degree are not eligible. Have met all the academic conditions attached to your offer of admission as a full-time student in September 2020 or January 2021.
- Have obtained the equivalent of 2:1 UK Bachelors' degree or above. This Award is not available to currently registered postgraduate students or to Abertay alumni.
Bell St, Dundee, DD1 1HG UK
Dundee is ancient Scottish city rich in culture and history. It is easily accessible by air, road and rail from all major UK cities and beyond.
Visa requirements for Abertay University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the UK, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.UK student visa requirements