Why study in Liechtenstein?
Officially known as the Principality of Liechtenstein, this tiny landlocked country leaves a surprisingly strong impression. International students coming to study in Liechtenstein will have a great quality of life. It has one of the highest GDP in the world, one of the lowest unemployment rates and plenty to keep you occupied.Search for a university
Programs in Liechtenstein
Although there are only a few universities in Liechtenstein, there are still various subjects and programs you can choose to study, including business, architecture and law.
The length of the programs offered in Liechtenstein will depend on the subject you choose to study, but as a general rule bachelor’s will take three to four years, master’s take two years and doctorate programs can take up to five years to complete.
Whether you’re looking to study for a bachelor’s, master’s, MBA or PhD, Studee can help you find the perfect place to study abroad.
4 Master View programs
How Studee can help you
Universities & programs
Find the right program for you and your career aspirations
Be guided through your application process
Visa & embassy guidance
Maximise your chances of being granted a visa
Enrollment & travel advice
Get support all the way to your first day at university
The cost of study in Liechtenstein
Tuition fees in Liechtenstein vary depending on the course and institution, but as a guide, you should expect to pay about $1,500 a month, or around $6,000 per year.
The cost of living is considered fairly high in Liechtenstein, thanks in part to the high average salary paid in the country. As it’s such a small country, costs don’t vary much based on your location, and you should look to budget around $15,000 per year for accommodation, food and other spending.
Swiss franc ₣ Currency
Where to study in Liechtenstein
Capital Vaduz has the best shopping, restaurants and nightlife, and is home to the University of Liechtenstein. As it’s such a small country it doesn’t matter where you study as you can explore the entire country in a whole day.
Liechtenstein is the only country to lie entirely in the Alps, so winter sports such as skiing and snowboarding are extremely popular pastimes; perfect for when you need a break from studying.
Universities in Liechtenstein
Study in Liechtenstein requirements
The qualifications required to study in Liechtenstein will be set by the individual university and may differ depending on the program you apply for. You will, however, need to have at least completed secondary education in your home country to study on bachelor’s program in Liechtenstein, and to study for a master’s you’ll need an undergraduate bachelor’s degree.
English language tests
Most programs in Liechtenstein are taught in German, however there are English taught programs available. To study in English you’ll need to prove you proficiency before you can be accepted. You can use the TOEFL or IELTS English Language tests as proof of your level of English ability.
Liechtenstein student visa
Although not a member of the EU, students from EU countries are able to study in Liechtenstein without needing a visa. However, they will need to apply for a short-term residency permit.
Non-EU students will need to apply for a visa into Liechtenstein. You will generally need to show the following, regardless of your nationality:
- You have a confirmed place on a course at a recognized education institution
- You are not already in the country on a tourist or business visa
- You have paid all relevant visa fees
- You have sufficient funds to support yourself
- You have comprehensive health insurance cover
How to study in Liechtenstein
- Choose a university and program in Liechtenstein
- Ensure you can meet the specific requirements set by the university and take any necessary English tests
- Apply through the university’s chosen platform. Submit your application which will include sections such as personal data, educational background, and a letter of intent
- Submit any supporting documents such as official translated transcripts, test scores and proof of finances
- Pay an application fee if necessary
- Wait for a decision on your application
- Accept your offer and pay any deposits for tuition or accommodation
- Start the process for your Liechtenstein student visa