Theatre - AA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Douglas College says about their program:
"If you’ve always loved acting and can’t see yourself doing anything else, the two-year Theatre program at Douglas can get you started. In year one, you’ll take classes in speech, movement, acting, production and theatre history. You’ll also gain valuable experience working on the four major plays put on by second-year students as production assistant, working in the box office, setting up the opening night reception, as well as doing publicity and promotion."
We will guide you through the application procedure; please see the details below.
- Douglas College English Assessment
- TOEFL iBT - minimum score of 83
- IELTS - minimum overall band test score 6.5 (academic module only)
minimum overall score of 110
- CAEL - minimum overall and essay score of 60 (computer or paper-based)
- Cambridge English CAE - minimum score 75 or "B"
- Cambridge English CPE - minimum score 60 or "C"
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic - minimum score of 56
Undergraduate (diploma and associate degree):
- High school graduation OR minimum 17 years of age by the end of the first month of studies in the semester of entry to Douglas College; and
- Minimum overall grade average of 60% (or equivalent) in the final year of high school; and
- Minimum final grade of “C” or 60% (or equivalent) in Grade 11 Mathematics or equivalent for most programs
Graduate (Post-Degree and Post-Baccalaureate):
- Graduation from a recognized degree granting post-secondary institution with a minimum 3-year bachelor degree; and
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% (or equivalent) during the bachelor degree program
Fees and funding
Undergraduate and Graduate: CAD$18,000 / year
Regional Entrance Awards: CAD$1,000 or $2,000
Available to students from CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia. Successful recipients typically have an above-average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores
Education Entrance Scholarships: CAD$2,500
Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
The Douglas College 50th Anniversary Entrance Award
Created to recognize students who are new to Douglas College from secondary school or other post-secondary institution. It also recognizes students who excel in their studies and contribute to their community through contributions to the promotion of social justice and truth and reconciliation
Continuing Student Awards and Scholarships
In addition to entrance scholarships, Douglas College students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.