Psychology - MClinPsy
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What the University of South Alabama says about their program:
"The Master of Science program in psychology includes a core curriculum designed to provide students with knowledge of current theories, principles, and methods of experimental psychology. For full-time students, two years are generally required to complete masters work. While a rare graduate course might be offered at night, it is only possible to complete degree requirements by attending classes during the day.
Students in this program will take courses that are designed to provide more extensive information in research design as well as theoretical background related to the student's thesis research. Sub-specialties may include, but are not limited to, personality and individual differences, animal cognition, developmental psychology, memory, psycholinguistics,
psychophysiology, and scholarship of teaching and learning. This training will provide students the critical background knowledge to be successful at research or to pursue a doctorate in their chosen area."
- Minimum Duolingo - 95
- Minimum TOEFL - 61
- Minimum IELTS - 5.5
- Minimum iTEP - 3.6
- Minimum Pearson Academic - 44
- Minimum ACT English - 19
- Minimum SAT Reading - 26
- An A, B, or C on Advanced level English Examinations from the United Kingdom
- Minimum Duolingo - 100
- Minimum TOEFL - 71
- Minimum IELTS - 6.0
- Minimum iTEP - 3.7
- Minimum Pearson Academic - 48
NOTE: Please note that some programs may require different English proficiency scores for admission
- University of South Alabama International Application for Admission with the $35 processing fee
- Academic records detailing course work completed in secondary schools with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 as calculated by the Office of International Admissions and Student Programs
- Graduate applicants will submit their application and upload required documents through UniCAS with the $60 processing fee.
- Academic records detailing course work completed in postsecondary schools. Most graduate programs required a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, as calculated by the Office of International Admissions and Student Programs.
- Official Tests (GRE, GMAT, or MAT, as required by program)
- Letters of recommendation (as required by program)
- NOTE - Requirements vary per program, please be sure to check the requirements for your specific graduate program.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition - $16,000 - $21,540 per year
- Graduate tuition - $10,608 - $19,740 per year
Global Freshman Scholars
The Global Freshman Scholars award is a competitive, merit-based scholarship, awarded to a limited number of well-qualified international students each year. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years, or until a first bachelor's degree is earned, whichever comes first.
The annual amount varies from $2,000 to $10,000, depending on the academic merit.
Global Transfer Scholars
The Global Transfer Scholars award is a competitive, merit-based scholarship, awarded to a limited number of well-qualified transferring international students each year. This scholarship is renewable for up to two years, or until a first bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever comes first.
The annual amount varies from $2,000 to $4,000, depending on the academic merit.
Visa requirements for the University of South Alabama
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements