Medicine (7-year Program) - MD
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What St. George's University says about their program:
"The seven–year Doctor of Medicine program is designed for students who have secondary school credentials who need to study a complete course in the foundation sciences before beginning the medical degree program. With a focus on preclinical sciences, social sciences, and humanities, the seven–year entry point prepares students for the rigors of medical school by providing a strong support system around a solid preclinical curriculum."
Undergraduate and graduate requirements
- IELTS - 7.0 (on each band)
- TOEFL IBT - 100. TOEFL code is 2864
- C1 Advanced- 186
- PTE Academic – 85
Undergraduate and graduate requirements:
- Application form
- Application fee
- Academic transcripts
- Diploma of previous studies
- Proof of language proficiency
- Reference letters
- Motivation letter / Statement of purpose
- Passport identification page
- Financial information
- Other academic work - Official transcripts of PG coursework
- Standardized examination scores (if applicable)
Undergraduate and graduate deadline:
- Fall semester (August) - June 15th
- Spring semester (January) - November 15th
Fees and funding
- Preclinical tuition fees - USD$36,732 per year
- Four-year MD program tuition fees - USD$318,640
Figures based on academic year 2021-2022 rates and are subject to change. Historically, rates have increased 4% per year on average and students are expected to plan accordingly. For current tuition rates please visit www.sgu.edu.
- To assist with the cost of tuition, SGU has recently expanded their awards portfolio for new students. Incoming students are now eligible for more than one award.
- 75% of all entering four-year MD students received SGU scholarships in the 2020-21 academic year.*
- There are 16 School of Medicine scholarships and grants available.
*Data as of April 2021
Visa requirements for St. George's University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Grenada, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Grenada student visa requirements