Interpreter Education - AASc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Mohawk Valley Community College says about their program:
"This program provides a solid foundation of the theory and skill sets required for Sign Language Interpreters, develops a strong foundation for students who choose to transfer to bachelor’s programs in Interpreter Education, and begins the critical preparation required for practitioners seeking to sit for National Level Certification Exams. The program is founded on best practice for sign language interpreters and provides a template for the application of skills in a variety of settings. Completion of this program will provide comprehensive knowledge and practice for students desiring to continue their education in this field."
Students will be fully admitted into college-level coursework if they submit one of the following scores:
- TOEFL PBT
- Computer-based TOEFL
- TOEFL iBT
- Duolingo English Test
Scores on standardized tests are valid for two years, so the test date must not exceed two years prior to the date of admission.
For admission to a program at the College, undergraduates will need to do the following:
- Show proof of your completion of high school or its equivalent in your home country
- Submit official documents showing proof of high school completion
- If you have also completed studies past high school or its equivalent, please submit all official documents
Applications are accepted on a rolling admissions process.
Fees and funding
Available for Freshman who will be living in the dormitories:
Mike Briggs Scholarship
$1,000 as tuition credit, books and fees only (for each semester), less aid.
Preference is given to students residing out-of-county in keeping with Mr. Briggs’ interest in helping to promote a diverse student body
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Must be studying full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours)
- Incoming freshmen or freshman-eligible transfers
- Preference students with exceptional extracurricular activities
- Preference to students planning to live in the dorms
Sodexo/MVCC Foundation Meal Plan Scholarship
This award provides two incoming, full-time students with 19 meals per week in the MVCC Dining Hall for one semester of their freshman year.
- Must have maintained at least a 2.0 GPA high school average
- They are selected on the basis of their participation in student and/or community activities prior to admission to MVCC
- Must complete and submit this application with a high school transcript and a letter of recommendation
Visa requirements for Mohawk Valley Community College
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements