International Management - BA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Macromedia University of Applied Sciences says about their program:
"The Bachelor specialisation in International Management is aimed at students who would like to study management with a strong international and media focus at Germany’s largest private university specialised in media, design and management. Globalisation and the speed of information in the 21st century have increasingly challenged established companies in regards to their processes and the way they have been operating. From the manufacturers, retailers, service providers to the consumers – old structures have more than once been turned upside down. The big economic crisis of 2008 has shown how quickly entire countries can slip into a recession. Modern and cross skilled management skills (T-shaped qualifications) have become vital in today’s internationalised economy where media and the speed of communication have become as important as the fundamentals of good business administration. "
- TOEFL 72
- IELTS 6.0
Admission Requirements for Bachelor Programs
Admission to Macromedia University is granted according to the Free State of Bavaria Regulations on Qualifications for University Studies (§60 of the Bavarian University Regulations) as last amended.
The prerequisites for admission to bachelor's degree programs are:
- A certified secondary education certificate, the entrance qualification for Universities/Universities of Applied Sciences or equal qualification and tertiary education certificates if applicable. School leaving certificates from outside Bavaria must be officially approved as being equivalent, where necessary. There is no set grade level required to be admitted to each program.
- TOEFL iBT (at least 72 out of 120) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9) or equivalent qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Personal interview (optional)
- Copy of valid passport
- For design programs, please include some work samples such as design examples, drawings, photo series, collages etc.
Admission Requirements for Master Programs
There are 15 - 20 places on all master’s degree programs at the Graduate School of Macromedia University. Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- A bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS for admission to the 3-semester master's program with 90 ECTS or a bachelor's degree with 180 ECTS for admission to the 4-semester Master's program with 120 ECTS.
- If your native language is not English, please submit proof of English proficiency. You can provide TOEFL score (at least 72 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable; later submissions via email or application portal is possible.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer)
- Personal motivation statement
- Copy of your valid passport
All documents are required to be issued in English or German. Please hand in officially certified translations in addition to your foreign documents (if applicable).
UG/PG Summer Term (March) - deadline December 15 UG/PG Winter Term (October) - deadline June 15
If students do not have 210 ETCS on their bachelors, they need to start on a pre-semester program in October, August 15.
Fees and funding
The Macromedia University scholarship program offers a few partial scholarships to support talented applicants to finance their programs. The criteria for inclusion in the program are grades at school and/or university and voluntary work for social causes.
This is because Macromedia University aspires not just to train its students on a professional level, but also to qualify and support them with regard to their personal development.
For students who can prove financial support is needed to manage the costs of studying abroad in Germany.
For high achieving students who have outstanding grades or excellent record in social engagement like volunteering experience.
The Indian-German friendship scholarship
For students who apply from India to study at Macromedia University.
The decision to award scholarships is made by an internal scholarship committee. The amount can be between 10% and 30% of the tuition fee.
Visa requirements for Macromedia University of Applied Sciences
Many international students will require a visa to study in Germany, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Germany student visa requirements