Information Technology - AA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
What RMIT University says about their program:
"This practical two-year associate degree gives you the basic skills required to perform a range of in-demand specialist IT functions such as technical support, software development/installation, network engineering/administration. It is also a guaranteed pathway into a relevant bachelor degree.
Study in our computer laboratories on old and new technology allowing you to enter the workforce with relevant skills for today’s IT industry.
Learn how to build a secure network for an office environment
Develop a suite of skills to troubleshoot common technical problems
Set up VPNs
Develop software to meet business needs
Configure datacentre virtualisation"
Find out the requirements you need to meet to get into an RMIT program as an international student, including academic scores and English proficiency.
IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.5) / TOEFL 79 / PTE 54 / CAE - 176 (no less than 169 in any component) - depending on the program
Students from English speaking countries may have the requirement waived.
Pathway Program through English Language School available for students who do not meet the English requirement.
University entry requirements
RMIT University admits students on the basis of their demonstrated capacity to succeed and sets minimum entry requirements for each level of study (e.g. diploma or bachelor degree), including:
- the minimum age requirement
- the minimum English language requirement
You can view minimum academic entry requirements for each level of study:
The University’s minimum academic entry requirement for bachelor and associate degrees is the successful completion of one the following:
- Australian Year 12 (Victoria) - The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Australian Year 12 (other states) - The Australian Senior Certificate of Education for the State deemed equivalent to the VCE
- New Zealand Year 13 qualifications - The National Certificate of Educational Achievement
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma - Satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate, including English
- Foundation Studies - A Foundation Studies program offered by a registered TAFE, university or private provider that is accredited as a certificate IV or compliant with the Australian National Standards for Foundation Studies
- International secondary schooling - A qualification recognized by RMIT as equivalent to an Australian Senior Certificate of Education
- Australian higher education studies - Satisfactory completion, on an award or non-award basis at any university (including Open Universities Australia), of at least two programs (subjects) at undergraduate level equivalent in volume of learning to at least 24 RMIT University credit points
- International tertiary studies - Satisfactory completion of study equivalent to at least 48 RMIT credit points in a program assessed as equivalent to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification of level 5
- Australian vocational education studies (VET/TAFE) - The satisfactory completion of an AQF accredited award at Certificate IV or above
The University entry requirement for graduate certificates, vocational graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, vocational graduate diplomas and master by coursework programs is that you must hold:
- a bachelor degree, or
- an appropriate level of advanced professional experience relevant to the discipline area
Selection tasks (extra requirements)
For some programs you need to complete selection tasks as part of your application.
Selection tasks might include:
- submitting a portfolio
- completing a supplementary information form or pre-selection kit
- attending an interview
February Semester - application deadline ongoing July Semester - application deadline ongoing
Students will be advised on submitting applications early due to visa processing times
Fees and funding
RMIT offers a range of scholarships to commencing international students across all fields of study.
International Excellence Scholarship (only 36 available) of 20% tuition fee reduction
- Achieve an overall 70% or equivalent in last completed qualification
Deadlines for applications: February Semester - January 15 July Semester - May 31
Visa requirements for RMIT University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Australia, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Australia student visa requirements