Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
- University: RMIT University
- Melbourne, Australia
- Duration: 24 months
Tuition fees per year -
Total tuition fees -
Program type Associate
Language taught in English
Start date February, July
What RMIT University says about their program:
"The program provides an introduction to health sciences, exploring both the individual and public view of health in Australia. During the program, you’ll gain a core understanding of human biology, health and nutrition.
You’ll learn about psychology, project management, exercise, and law and ethics, with a focus on health and the health industry.
Your studies will also cover the Australian healthcare system and the major health issues facing Australia."
Semester One: Complete the following Four (4) Courses: Course Title Credit Points Course Code Campus Health: Meanings, Determinants and Actions 12 PUBH1398 City Campus Human Biology 1 12 BIOL2419 City Campus Health and Nutrition 12 OHTH2147 City Campus Health Care in Australia 12 PUBH1407 City Campus AND Semester Two: Complete the following Four (4) Courses: Course Title Credit Points Course Code Campus Understanding the Psychology of Health 12 BESC1491 City Campus Human Biology 2 12 BIOL2418 City Campus Introduction to Public Health 12 PUBH1394 City Campus Law and Ethics in Health 12 OHTH2165 City Campus
Find out the requirements you need to meet to get into an RMIT program as an international student, including academic scores and English proficiency.
IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.5) / TOEFL 79 / PTE 54 / CAE - 176 (no less than 169 in any component) - depending on the program
Students from English speaking countries may have the requirement waived.
Pathway Program through English Language School available for students who do not meet the English requirement.
University entry requirements
RMIT University admits students on the basis of their demonstrated capacity to succeed and sets minimum entry requirements for each level of study (e.g. diploma or bachelor degree), including:
- the minimum age requirement
- the minimum English language requirement
You can view minimum academic entry requirements for each level of study:
The University’s minimum academic entry requirement for bachelor and associate degrees is the successful completion of one the following:
- Australian Year 12 (Victoria) - The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Australian Year 12 (other states) - The Australian Senior Certificate of Education for the State deemed equivalent to the VCE
- New Zealand Year 13 qualifications - The National Certificate of Educational Achievement
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma - Satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate, including English
- Foundation Studies - A Foundation Studies program offered by a registered TAFE, university or private provider that is accredited as a certificate IV or compliant with the Australian National Standards for Foundation Studies
- International secondary schooling - A qualification recognized by RMIT as equivalent to an Australian Senior Certificate of Education
- Australian higher education studies - Satisfactory completion, on an award or non-award basis at any university (including Open Universities Australia), of at least two programs (subjects) at undergraduate level equivalent in volume of learning to at least 24 RMIT University credit points
- International tertiary studies - Satisfactory completion of study equivalent to at least 48 RMIT credit points in a program assessed as equivalent to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification of level 5
- Australian vocational education studies (VET/TAFE) - The satisfactory completion of an AQF accredited award at Certificate IV or above
The University entry requirement for graduate certificates, vocational graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, vocational graduate diplomas and master by coursework programs is that you must hold:
- a bachelor degree, or
- an appropriate level of advanced professional experience relevant to the discipline area
Selection tasks (extra requirements)
For some programs you need to complete selection tasks as part of your application.
Selection tasks might include:
- submitting a portfolio
- completing a supplementary information form or pre-selection kit
- attending an interview
February Semester - application deadline ongoing July Semester - application deadline ongoing
Students will be advised on submitting applications early due to visa processing times
Fees and funding
RMIT offers a range of scholarships to commencing international students across all fields of study.
Undergraduate Tuition - AUS$10,500 - 67,200 / year (US$7,490 - 29,240 / year)
Postgraduate Tuition - AUS$30,720 - 67,200 / year or program (US$18,487 - 47,970 / year or program)
International Excellence Scholarship (only 36 available) of 20% tuition fee reduction
- Achieve an overall 70% or equivalent in last completed qualification
Deadlines for applications: February Semester - January 15 July Semester - May 31
Visa requirements for RMIT University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Australia, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Australia student visa requirements