Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
- University: RMIT University
- Melbourne, Australia
- Duration: 24 months
Tuition fees per year -
Total tuition fees -
Program type Associate
Language taught in English
Start date February, July
What RMIT University says about their program:
"Accredited by Engineers Australia, tthis course provides a very flexible pathway to an engineering degree.
With a common first year you choose your major at second year from one of seven engineering disciplines. Upon graduating from this program you may be eligible for entry into the relevant bachelor degree program or you can work in a relevant field.
You'll choose subjects relevant to your engineering major and undertake a real-world project to design, develop, and present a product.
This associate degree has seven majors:
Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics Aerospace Engineering Civil Engineering Computer and Network Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering Mechanical Engineering Sustainable Systems Engineering In the first year, you'll learn fundamental principles of engineering that apply across the different major areas. At the end of the first year you’ll select the major you'll specialise in. If you have maintained a grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher, you'll be eligible for guaranteed entry into a degree program relevant to your major, with credit for 192 credit points."
Complete the following Eight (8) Courses: Course Title Credit Points Course Code Campus Engineering Science 12 MANU2112 City Campus Mathematics 1 12 MATH2167 City Campus Electrical Principles 12 EEET2276 City Campus Engineering Materials 12 PROC2097 City Campus Computer Applications 12 EEET2277 City Campus Engineering Management 12 MIET2138 City Campus Industrial Studies 12 MIET2137 City Campus Mathematics 2 12 MATH2168 City Campus
Find out the requirements you need to meet to get into an RMIT program as an international student, including academic scores and English proficiency.
IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.5) / TOEFL 79 / PTE 54 / CAE - 176 (no less than 169 in any component) - depending on the program
Students from English speaking countries may have the requirement waived.
Pathway Program through English Language School available for students who do not meet the English requirement.
University entry requirements
RMIT University admits students on the basis of their demonstrated capacity to succeed and sets minimum entry requirements for each level of study (e.g. diploma or bachelor degree), including:
- the minimum age requirement
- the minimum English language requirement
You can view minimum academic entry requirements for each level of study:
The University’s minimum academic entry requirement for bachelor and associate degrees is the successful completion of one the following:
- Australian Year 12 (Victoria) - The Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
- Australian Year 12 (other states) - The Australian Senior Certificate of Education for the State deemed equivalent to the VCE
- New Zealand Year 13 qualifications - The National Certificate of Educational Achievement
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma - Satisfactory completion of the International Baccalaureate, including English
- Foundation Studies - A Foundation Studies program offered by a registered TAFE, university or private provider that is accredited as a certificate IV or compliant with the Australian National Standards for Foundation Studies
- International secondary schooling - A qualification recognized by RMIT as equivalent to an Australian Senior Certificate of Education
- Australian higher education studies - Satisfactory completion, on an award or non-award basis at any university (including Open Universities Australia), of at least two programs (subjects) at undergraduate level equivalent in volume of learning to at least 24 RMIT University credit points
- International tertiary studies - Satisfactory completion of study equivalent to at least 48 RMIT credit points in a program assessed as equivalent to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification of level 5
- Australian vocational education studies (VET/TAFE) - The satisfactory completion of an AQF accredited award at Certificate IV or above
The University entry requirement for graduate certificates, vocational graduate certificates, graduate diplomas, vocational graduate diplomas and master by coursework programs is that you must hold:
- a bachelor degree, or
- an appropriate level of advanced professional experience relevant to the discipline area
Selection tasks (extra requirements)
For some programs you need to complete selection tasks as part of your application.
Selection tasks might include:
- submitting a portfolio
- completing a supplementary information form or pre-selection kit
- attending an interview
February Semester - application deadline ongoing July Semester - application deadline ongoing
Students will be advised on submitting applications early due to visa processing times
Fees and funding
RMIT offers a range of scholarships to commencing international students across all fields of study.
Undergraduate Tuition - AUS$10,500 - 67,200 / year (US$7,490 - 29,240 / year)
Postgraduate Tuition - AUS$30,720 - 67,200 / year or program (US$18,487 - 47,970 / year or program)
International Excellence Scholarship (only 36 available) of 20% tuition fee reduction
- Achieve an overall 70% or equivalent in last completed qualification
Deadlines for applications: February Semester - January 15 July Semester - May 31
Visa requirements for RMIT University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Australia, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Australia student visa requirements