Computing, International Year One - UGP
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Keele University says about their program:
"Studying the International Year One in Computing will introduce you to the fundamentals of computing, programming and information systems. You will blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills to understand how to creatively develop new software, test and implement new systems."
Keele accepts students with school-leaving qualifications from many overseas countries for entry to our degree courses. Please see below for the admissions requirements.
All applications are judged on their individual merits and take account of all the information provided on the UCAS application forms, including predicted grades, AS-level results (if available), the referee’s report, applicant’s personal statement, GCSE results, and non-academic achievements.
Applications from candidates with non-traditional qualifications and will take into consideration prior learning and experience and alternative qualifications. Applicants are normally required to have completed a period of a recent study in the last 3 years.
Interviews are held for all applicants applying for the following courses only:
- Social Work
- Some applicants with non-traditional qualifications will also be invited for an interview, depending upon their recent study experience.
You will need the equivalent of a UK honors degree at second-class standard or higher and if English is not your first language you will need to provide an appropriate qualification. Staff will be happy to advise on the acceptability of your qualifications before you apply.
IELTS entry requirements:
UG Year 1 = usually 6.0 overall with 5.5 in subtests
- Liberal Arts / Natural Sciences
6.5 overall with 6.0 in subtests
- Law / Film Studies / Film Studies with Creative Writing
6.5 overall with 5.5 in subtests
- Pharmacy / Physiotherapy / Radiography
7.0 overall with 6.5 in subtests
- Nursing / Midwifery
7.0 overall with 7.0 in Speaking, Reading, Listening and 6.5 in Writing
7.0 overall with 7.0 in subtests
PGT = usually 6.5 with 5.5 in subtests some health courses higher
International Year One
- BTEC level 3 Min. 56 UCAS points
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
22 points, subject pass level 3
- NCUK Foundation
3xD and EAP D with no less than D in any band
Minimum 5.0 overall
- NCC Advanced Diploma
60%+ all modules with overall grade Merit
- Recognised First Degree
- Vocational College Diploma - 3 years
Minimum 5.0 overall
Fees and funding
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants for undergraduate and postgraduate courses for the academic year.
Please find below details of the tuition fees for international applicants:
- International Year One - £14,320
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects in the Social Sciences and Humanities (three-year degrees) - £14,750 / year
- Single Honours and Combination of subjects which include one laboratory science* or Music or Music Technology, Single Honours Music and Music Technology, or Single Honours Psychology and Education (three-year degrees) - £15,000 / year
- Single Honours and Combination of two laboratory science subjects (including single honours*) (three-year degrees and four-year degrees) - £16,250 / year
- Physiotherapy (four-year degree) - £18,000 / year
- Pharmaceutical Science, Technology and Business Single Honours - £18,000
- Pharmacy (four-year degree for MPharm) - £18,000
- Pharmacy (five-year degree for MPharm) - £24,000
- Nursing - £18,000
- Radiography - £18,000
- Medicine MBChB (five-year degree) - £32,000
- Pre-Masters - £9,300
- MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) - £20,000
- MSc Accounting and Financial Management, MSc Finance and Management, MA Human Resource Management - £16,250
- MA International Business, MA Management, MA Marketing - £16,250
- MA Contemporary Literature and Film, MA Creative Writing, MA English Literature - £14,750
- MA Human Rights, Globalisation & Justice, MA Medical Ethics & Law - £14,750
- MA Global Media & Culture, MA Global Media and Management - £14,750
- MSc Environmental Sustainability & Green Technology, MSc in Geoscience Research - £15,500
- MSc Advanced Computer Science - £15,000
- Child Development, Clinical Psychological Research - £15,500
- MA Medical Ethics & Palliative Care, MA Human Rights, Globalisation & Justice - £14,750
- MA Medical Ethics & Law, MA Child Care Law and Practice - £14,750
- MA Safeguarding Adults, Law, Policy & Practice, LLM Law and Society, LLM International Law - £14,750
Bursaries and Scholarships for international students:
The Keele International Excellence Scholarship
£2,500 per year for students exceeding published entry requirements
Developing Countries Scholarship
£1,000 per year for students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle, income countries (as defined by the World Bank)
Article 26 Asylum Seeker Bursary
100% tuition fee waiver funding for asylum seekers and forced migrants (applicants must meet these strict eligibility criteria, only one bursary per academic year)
Keele Alumni discount
A discount of 20% of the taught postgraduate course fee is offered.
Students who have graduated from Keele or a Keele program delivered overseas. Students who undertook a study abroad placement or exchange program at Keele will also be eligible for this fee reduction.
Keele International Excellence Scholarship (PGT)
One-off tuition fee discounts of up to £5,000 are available to international postgraduate taught students across a wide range of subject areas (excluding medicine and physiotherapy programs).
The Developing Countries Scholarship
One off tuition fee discounts of £1,000 are available to international students who are nationals of the least developed, low and lower middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank as at December 2018).
Visa requirements for Keele University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the UK, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.UK student visa requirements