Clinical Laboratory Science - BSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Maryville University says about their program:
"As our population ages and new technology is developed, the need for the specialized skills of a clinical laboratory scientist in hospitals, research laboratories and pharmaceutical companies grows. The Clinical Laboratory Science program at Maryville University prepares students to use molecular, microbiological and hematological procedures to help doctors diagnose and treat patients."
Maryville University operates a rolling admission with the exception of select academic programs. Please see below the admissions criteria required in order to apply.
- TOEFL 69 (no band below 15)
- IELTS 6.0 (no band below 5)
- PTE Academic 47
- ACT - 21 or higher on English section
- SAT - 480 or higher on Writing
- A Levels - 1 "A" grade or better in English or 3 "B" grades in subjects other than math
- Medium of Instruction letters - Only accepted for countries AACRAO identifies as a medium of instruction-English country
- ELS Center
Level 112 completed with a 2.5 grade or better, or U.S. University/College Study
Health Professions have a higher English proficiency score:
92 overall with no subscore lower than 23, or
6.5 with no subscore lower than 6, or
- PTE ACADEMIC
- Medium of Instruction
Medium of Instruction is English as is noted in AACRAO as a Medium of Instruction - English country, or
English is the primary and official language of the country where all study occurred (i.e., Canada not including Quebec)
- Application for admission.
- One Letter of recommendation from a teacher or counselor.
- Unofficial English translated copies of high school (secondary) transcripts or GED score (except if you have a bachelor’s degree). Official transcripts due upon acceptance to Maryville.
- Unofficial English translated copies of transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended. Official transcripts due upon acceptance to Maryville. Under certain circumstances, an official evaluation from a NACES member service may be required.
- Financial certification in two forms is required in English
A letter of support from the sponsor and a bank statement from the sponsor’s bank account with dollar amounts stated.
-Any other documentation required by a specific Maryville academic program.
- English proficiency test scores.
Fall Semester (August) - deadline May 1 Spring Semester (January) - deadline September 1 (will receive later applications)
Rolling admissions, except Nursing, Physical Therapy
Fees and funding
Maryville University is committed to making a top-ranked, private education affordable and accessible. Last year, over $53 million in scholarships and financial aid was awarded to 93 percent of full-time students. Both merit-based and need-based assistance is available.
Students who apply for admission as freshmen and meet the stated requirements for the automatic scholarships will be awarded the appropriate scholarship. GPA is cumulative and calculated based on a 4.0 scale. The University doesn't use the writing section of the ACT and SAT when considering scholarships.
Freshman students automatic scholarships (priority application December 1)
Barat Scholarship - $14,000 / year Requirements: GPA 3.5 or ACT 1290/ACT 27
Duchesne Scholarship - $12,000 / year Requirements: GPA 3.0 SAT 1180/ACT 24
Mouton Scholarship - $10,000 / year Requirements: GPA 2.5 or SAT 1100 / ACT 22
FRESHMAN COMPETITIVE SCHOLARSHIPS Presidential Scholarship (Full Tuition, Room and Board) GPA 3.75 or SAT 1290 / ACT 27
Trustee Scholarship - Full Tuition GPA 3.75 or SAT 1290 / ACT 27
Multicultural Scholarship - 75% of tuition For students who demonstrate solid high school academic preparation, exceptional leadership qualities and a commitment to contribute to building an inclusive campus culture at Maryville
Transfer scholarships also available.
Visa requirements for Maryville University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements