Children's Nursing - HDip
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Trinity College Dublin says about their program:
"This course aims to develop and expand knowledge, skills and attitudes in nurses towards infants, children and their parents and family, as a unit in society. The course is designed to equip nurses to deliver primary health care, acute, rehabilitative and palliative care as required and to foster the process of continuing education and research in paediatric nursing practice. Students must be registered, or be eligible to register, in one of the three disciplines in nursing- general, psychiatry, intellectual disability nursing and 6 months post registration experience since initial registration is required. Students must have a Diploma in Nursing, or a TCD access to Nursing programme or a Degree in Nursing."
- Irish Leaving Certificate - A grade D3 or better in Ordinary Level English.
- GCSE - A grade C or better in English Language.
- European Baccalaureate - English - 6 in your 1st language, or in 1st or 2nd Foreign Language.
- French Baccalaureate - Students presenting the OIB or International Option of the French Baccalaureate may satisfy the English language requirement by achieving a minimum of 12 (where the coefficient is greater than 5) in English Language and Literature. In cases where the coefficient is less than 5, a minimum result of 14 will be required.
- International Baccalaureate - English A1, A2 or B - 5 at Higher Level (4 at Standard Level if presenting IB through English)
- US High School Curriculum - A grade C in English taken in the final year.
- TOEFL - Paper-based 570 (with a TWE score of 4.5) / Computer-based 233 (with a score of 4.5 in essay) / Internet-based 90 (with a written score of 21) PG - 88 internet-based, 570 paper-based, 230 computer-based.
- University of Cambridge - 180+ on Cambridge English scale with no less than 175 in each skill and use of English i.e., Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2), Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2), First Certificate, Grade A (CEFR Level C1). PG - Proficiency Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2) Advanced Certificate, Grade C or better (CEFR Level C1 or C2)
- IELTS - (Academic version) 6.5 (no individual band below 6). For Dental courses - IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7) For Clinical speech and language studies - IELTS (academic version) 7 (no individual band below 7)
- Pearson Test of English - (Academic) a minimum score of 63 (with no section score below 59).
- Two academic references
- Final high school exam results, or predicted scores provided by your school
- A 500-word statement of purpose
- A recognized certificate of English Language Competency
- Two academic references (or where appropriate clinical referees)
- Academic transcript(s) which must be certified by the issuing body
- Certified copy of degree certificate(s)
- A recognized certificate of English Language Competency
- Any other qualifications that may be required (such as GMAT for Business Master’s programs)
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition - ranges from €20,003 - €26,985 / year
- Graduate tuition - ranges from €11,375 - €35,800 / year
- Online tuition - ranges from €3,649 - €8,032 / year
Bachelor in Business Studies Scholarship
- Award - Scholarships valued at 5000 euro each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees for the Global Business (Bachelor in Business Studies) for the first year only
- Eligible Majors and Course Level - Global Business (Bachelor in Business Studies) Undergraduate Program
- Who can apply - Applicants who have non-EU status and will pay tuition fees at the non-EU rate
Global Excellence Undergraduate Scholarships
- Award - Scholarships valued at up to 5000 euro each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of a full-time undergraduate program for the first year of study only
Who can apply:
- Applicants who have non-EU status and will pay tuition fees at the non-EU rate
- Selection Criteria - The scholarship will be assessed based on academic achievement, and evaluation of the applicants’ potential to contribute to the overall Trinity communit.
Every year sports scholarships are awarded to students of national and international standard who come to study and compete for Trinity. The scholarships provide the following benefits - Financial contribution of between €750 and €1500 Physiological assessment, fitness testing, and follow-up training. Workshops including nutrition and psychology Cardiac screening. Scholarships are open to all sports and are tenable for one year, however, they may be renewed on an annual basis for up to four years.
Global Excellence Postgraduate Scholarships
- Award - Scholarships valued at up to 5000 euro each, applied as a reduction to the tuition fees of a full-time postgraduate program for the first year of study only.
- Who can apply - Applicants who have non-EU status and will pay tuition fees at the non-EU rate.
- Selection Criteria - The scholarship will be assessed based on academic achievement, and evaluation of the applicants’ potential to contribute to the overall Trinity community.
Government of Ireland Scholarships 2021/22
Government of Ireland International Scholarships are awarded to high calibre students from non-EEA countries to study in Ireland for a period of one year.
The HEA will award a scholarship fund to the student (through the HEI that the student is attending) amounting to €10,000 for one study year. This fund is directed at supporting student costs and living expenses. The scholarship may be for:
- the final year of an undergraduate program; or
- one year of a taught masters degree program
Visa requirements for Trinity College Dublin
Many international students will require a visa to study in Ireland, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Ireland student visa requirements