Chemistry and Biochemistry - PhD
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Duquesne University says about their program:
"The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers an innovative Ph.D. program designed to transition each young scientist rapidly into an active research professional. The centerpiece of the first year of study is the research rotation program. After evaluating the department's ongoing research, each student selects up to two research groups for semester-long rotations. At the end of each semester, a student is expected to write a summary of the research experience, give a short presentation, and answer questions."
We will guide you through the application procedure; please see the details below.
Students with the following minimum scores will begin full-time academic study upon arrival:
- TOEFL 70
- IELTS 6.0
- Duolingo English Test 95 (only accepted for some academic programs)
- PTE Academic 48 (only accepted for some academic programs)
- A score of 540 or higher on the SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section (only accepted for some academic programs)
The University requires the following minimum scores for general admission consideration:
- TOEFL (iBT) 80
- IELTS 6.5
- Duolingo English Test 105
- GPA 3.0, consideration given for 2.5+
- The Center for Global Engagement takes into account the educational system and grading system particular to your country; therefore, you are evaluated against students from the same country. You must have graduated from a secondary school recognized as an acceptable equivalent to a U.S. high school and you must demonstrate a record of acceptable academic success.
At Duquesne, each academic school handles its own graduate admissions process. Specific admissions criteria will vary according to the program in which you are interested. GMAT and LSAT scores are required for the schools of Business and Law, respectively. GRE scores are required for most doctoral programs and some master's programs. Other requirements could include a writing sample, resume, audition or interview.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition from US$38,178 - $45474 per year
- Graduate tuition from US$23,112 - $29,124 per year
Duquesne Merit-Based Scholarship
Accepted students are automatically considered for the scholarship and do not need to apply for it. This is a merit-based scholarship. The scholarship committee will look at your entire application and supporting documents to determine your award amount.
Students who receive the scholarship usually get between $5,000 to $18,000 per academic year. It is renewable for four years of study.
Duquesne Supplemental Scholarship
Available to all admitted students. This scholarship is based on academic merit The average amount received is $4,000 per academic year
Graduate Tuition Award
Duquesne University is offering a 25% tuition award for select graduate degrees. If you are interested, you must apply and be accepted to one of the eligible programs
Visa requirements for Duquesne University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements