Business Administration - Hospitality Management - BSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
What the University of Findlay says about their program:
"If you're thinking about pursuing a career in hospitality, the time is now!
Lodging, food and beverage, and event planning makes hospitality the largest industry in the world and it continues to grow in the U.S. and globally! This ever-growing field provides unlimited career opportunities for successful graduates.
The Hospitality Management Emphasis at the University of Findlay will prepare you to work in a variety of settings such as hotels, restaurants, catering, private clubs, and event management. Our program will expose you to all facets of the hospitality industry and the many exciting career paths that will be available to you. Some careers that our graduates have pursued include:
Food and Beverage Director
Hotel General Manager
To be successful in the hospitality industry, it is important to have a strong work ethic, communication skills, creativity, innovation, and management skills. Through small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-on-one advising, we make sure you're more than prepared to impress employers.
By working with your advisor, you will have the opportunity to add additional courses, and possibly a second emphasis or minor in complementing areas of study such as event management, marketing, or public relations. To view the courses and curriculum for the hospitality management emphasis?, please visit the links below:
"During my time at the University of Findlay I've participated in several internships, one at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo and one at The Hancock Hotel in downtown Findlay. I was chosen as the first student-intern with The Hancock Hotel! Without my connections with professors at UF, I wouldn't have the hands-on learning opportunities that I've had so far. With my internships, I know I'll be more than ready for a job after graduation."
We are strong believers in experiential learning and make sure that you gain hands-on experience in and outside of the classroom starting your freshman year. Not only will you learn-?by-doing throughout your coursework, you will also have opportunities to work closely with our community partners including local hotels, restaurants and event venues. Some locations where our students have fulfilled career-focused internships include:
Hilton Garden Inn
The Hancock Hotel
Marathon Center for the Performing Arts
Findlay Country Club
The Fort Wayne Zoo
Country Inn and Suites
Applying to Findlay is easy and free. Please see below what is required to apply.
UG TOEFL 61 / IELTS 6.0 PG TOEFL 79 / IELTS 7.0 (MBA IELTS 6.5)
SAT not mandatory but optional
The following items are required for undergraduate programs:
- An Undergraduate application.
- Original and official credentials showing completion of required secondary school work, or work completed through at least the first term of the final year.
- If you are a freshman applicant with less than 30 undergraduate credit hours completed, you need to provide original and official credentials showing completion of secondary school and any university coursework completed.
- If you are a transfer applicant with more than 30 undergraduate credit hours, you must submit your original and official university transcripts. You do not need to provide secondary school credentials.
- If you are an undergraduate student applying for a second bachelor's degree, you need to provide credentials showing completion and awarding of bachelor's degree.
- Official proof of English proficiency in the form of TOEFL (61), IELTS (6.0), iTEP (3.5) or PTE Academic (50) score. You may also use successful completion of Level 8 of The Language Company.
The following items are required for all graduate programs:
- Educational Credentials
- Copy of Passport
Please Note that GMAT and GRE scores, as well as academic TOEFL or IELTS scores are NOT required.
Fall Semester (August) - June 15 (accept late applications) Spring Semester (January) - October 15 (accept late applications)
Fees and funding
A full-time undergraduate student at Findlay normally takes between 12-18 credit hours per semester. A full year of undergraduate tuition is $33,250. It is estimated to take four years to complete an undergraduate degree.
The University of Findlay offers scholarships specifically for international students ranging from $2,000 a program for some of the graduate programs, to $15,000 a year for undergraduate students. In addition, MBA and Master’s of Science in Environmental, Safety and Health Management Programs offer free text books.
Scholarships based on academics
- 2.0 - 2.49 GPA - $8,000 / year
- 2.5 - 2.99 GPA - $10,000 / year
- 3.0 - 3.49 GPA - $14,000 / year
- 3.5 - 4.0 GPA - $15,000 / year
For additional scholarships, SAT scores will be considered for additional scholarships.
Average scholarship for UG students GPAs 3.0 - $14,000 / year
- Environmental Safety and MBA - $2,000 automatically
- All other programs - $1,000 automatically
Intensive English Language Program - $1,500 divided for Fall and Spring Semesters
Visa requirements for the University of Findlay
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements