Business Accounting - OCDip
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Centennial College says about their program:
"Centennial College's Business – Accounting program was created for students seeking excellent accounting-related training in a short time frame.
In this two-year Business School program, you will learn the basics of accounting through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on expanding employable skills. While this business program includes the quality features of all Centennial College accounting programs, it concentrates on building proficiency in financial and managerial accounting and on fostering in-depth knowledge of accounting software. Communication and analytical skills are also emphasized, as they are essential for career success."
Centennial is committed to understanding everyone's academic skills in order to promote student success, and to providing equal access to post-secondary education for everyone.
Certificate and diploma programs: TOEFL - 80 (no band below 20) / MELAB - 76 / IELTS - 6.0 (no band below 5.5) / CAEL - 60 / PTE Academic 51 CPE / CAE 167-169.
Advanced diploma programs: TOEFL - 84 (no band below 21) / MELAB 78 / IELTS 6.5 (no band below 6.0) / CAEL 60 (writing score 60) / PTE Academic 58 / CPE-CAE - 170-179.
If you're applying for an Ontario College Certificate, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma Program, you need:
- An Ontario Secondary Diploma (OSSD) or an OSSD Equivalency.
- If you do not have an OSSD, but are 19 years of age or older, you may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
- Any credits, courses and minimum grades to satisfy your program's specific requirements, as well as additional requirements like portfolios, auditions, writing samples, math tests, interviews, or attending on-campus admission sessions. For many programs, you can meet the English and mathematics academic requirements by taking a skills assessment.
If you're applying for a Bachelor Degree Program, you need:
- An Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or an OSSD Equivalency with a minimum of six 12 U, 12M, OAC credits.
- If you do not have an OSSD, but are 21 years of age or older, you may be eligible to apply as a mature applicant.
- Any credits, courses and minimum grades to satisfy your program's specific requirements, as well as additional requirements like portfolios, auditions, writing samples, math tests, interviews, or attending on-campus admission sessions. For degree programs, all academic requirements must be met at the ""U"" or ""M"" level, or equivalent.
If you're applying for a Fast-track or Graduate Certificate Program, you need:
- A university degree or three-year college diploma. For some graduate certificate or fast-track programs, we will consider applicants who have a partial degree (minimum two years) or a two-year college diploma and who have a minimum of two years of work experience related to the program of study. Admission based on partial post-secondary and related experience is at the discretion of the College.
- Some programs require previous post-secondary education in a specific discipline related to the program.
- Some programs require you to have completed post-secondary courses like English or math before applying.
- Any program specific requirements needed prior to admission, which may include portfolios, auditions, writing samples, interviews, or English and Math admission testing.
Winter semester (January) Summer semester (May) Fall semester (September)
Application deadlines are four to six months prior the start of programs due to study permit processing times.
Fees and funding
Fees noted are estimated and are based on the 2018-2019 schedule. Tuition guidelines are established by the Ontario government and are subject to revision. Below are sample full-time fee summaries.
Diploma and Graduate Certificates: CAD$16,531 / year Degree Programs: CAD$20,480 / year
There are no scholarships available for international students.
Centennial College is an approved government institution for Canada's Study and Work Programs. Full-time international students enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program can work part-time (20 hours per week) while studying, and full-time during scheduled breaks.
Visa requirements for Centennial College
Many international students will require a visa to study in Canada, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Canada student visa requirements