Archaeology and History - BA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What the University of Massachusetts says about their program:
"Through a melding of the methods and perspectives of both history and anthropology, Historical Archaeology studies the rise of modern society. Its primary focus has been the growth of Euro-American society since the Age of Exploration. This involves a wide range of topics and research questions. In addition to the focus on Euro-American cultural development, African, Latin American, and Native American cultural growth is examined. Since the disciplinary concerns of both history and anthropology cover issues beyond those of interest to historical archaeology, this joint major has been created to combine courses from both disciplines that will serve to form a unified program of study in historical archaeology. At the same time the program is designed to retain the broad-based education of a liberal arts BA by focusing the perspectives of both history and archaeology on the rise of modern society."
We will guide you through the application procedure; please see the details below.
- All non-native speakers of English must demonstrate English language proficiency and are required to submit TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS scores (6.0). If a student obtains a score of 480 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading & Writing part of the SAT, no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
- The TOEFL or IELTS is not required if you are an English native speaker and have attended an international school where English is the medium of instruction.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
Fees and funding
Undergraduate tuition: US$34,649 /per year
Visa requirements for University of Massachusetts
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements