Archaeology and Anthropology - BA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What the University of Birmingham says about their program:
"This integrated degree programme is run jointly by the Department of Classics, Ancient History and Archaeology, and the Department of African Studies and Anthropology, who together provide an exceptionally diverse and dynamic learning environment. It is designed both for future archaeologists and anthropologists, and for those seeking an exciting and dynamic non-vocational degree course."
We will guide you through the application procedure; please see the details below.
In order to undertake a programme of study here at the University, you will need to demonstrate a suitable level of English proficiency. You can demonstrate your level of English with IELTS/TOEFL/PTE or alternative qualifications. English requirements can vary depending on the program of interest. The minimum requirements are:
- TOEFL of 80 overall with no less than 19 in Reading, 19 in Listening, 21 in Speaking and 19 in Writing
- IELTS of 6.0 overall with no less than 5.5 in any band
- PTE 51 in all four skills
- Cambridge English
Advanced Minimum overall score of 169, with no less than 162 in any component
The following qualifications are accepted:
- Three GCE A levels (including International A Levels)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma
- SQA Highers and Advanced Highers (many programmes will accept Highers without additional Advanced Highers)
- The Cambridge Pre-U (minimum three separate subjects)
- A mix of A levels and Cambridge Pre-U subjects (minimum three in total)
- The Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level
- The European Baccalaureate
- The Advanced Diploma
- Appropriate BTEC National or Higher National Qualifications achieved with merit and distinctions
- An Access to Higher Education qualification. If you hold, are completing or are yet to start an Access to HE qualification, you should contact the Admissions Tutor for your proposed programme of study at the University of Birmingham. The Admissions Tutor will be able to tell you if the contents of your Access qualification will be acceptable. For some programmes at Birmingham, it is essential that you have covered specific subjects, at the appropriate level, in your Access qualification.
Fees and funding
Tuition fee ranges from £18,120 - £39,960 / year
To reward outstanding achievement and to help ensure the fears about finance do not constrain prospective international students from considering study at the University of Birmingham, they are pleased to offer a number of prestigious international scholarships [https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/International/students/finance/scholarships/index.aspx]
Visa requirements for University of Birmingham
Many international students will require a visa to study in the UK, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.UK student visa requirements