Applied Health Sciences, Medical Laboratory - BA/BSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What the University of Wisconsin Parkside says about their program:
"The Applied Health Sciences program with a concentration in Medical Laboratory Science, at UW-Parkside, will prepare you for entry-level laboratory positions and a future in a constantly growing area of health care. Now is a great time to start your career in the clinical laboratory profession, because there is a nationwide shortage of clinical laboratory scientists."
UW-Parkside is host to students from more than 25 nations around the world. The International Admissions Office will help you through the process but please find the entry requirements below.
- UG TOEFL 71 / IELTS 5.5
- PG TOEFL 78 / IETLS 6.0
At the time of application, students must have already completed or be close to completing secondary school (high school).
- Fall Semester (September) - priority deadline May 30
- Spring Semester( February) - priority deadline November 30
University operates on rolling admissions, so there is no real application deadline.
Fees and funding
At the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, they believe that cost should not be a barrier to a great education, and they are committed to keeping costs down, so students receive a quality education at an affordable price.
Now more than ever, your college education is one of the most important investments you can make in your future. That's why each year the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid helps Parkside students earn over $300,000 in scholarships.
There are a limited number of renewable awards for full time, degree-seeking international students that cover a portion of the out-of-state tuition charge. Funding is limited, so it's strongly recommend that international students apply early for admission.
Distinguished Scholarship - $6,000 / year
- High School or College
- GPA (4.0 scale) = 3.50 or greater | GPA (100 scale) = 85 or greater
- College GPA = 3.7 or greater
- Renewal GPA Requirement = 3.75 UWP GPA or greater
University Scholarship - $4,000 / year
- High School or College
- GPA (4.0 scale) = 3.0-3.49 | GPA (100 scale) = 80-84
- Renewal GPA Requirement = 3.0 UWP GPA or greater
- College GPA = 3.2-3.7
- Renewal GPA Requirement = 3.5 UWP GPA or greater
Ranger Scholarships - $2,000 / year
- High School (Secondary School) or College
- GPA (4.0 scale) = 2.5-2.99 | GPA (100 scale) = 70-79 Renewal GPA Requirement = 2.75 UWP GPA or greater
- College GPA = 3.0-3.2
- Renewal GPA Requirement = 3.25 UWP GPA or greater
NOTE: Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Visa requirements for University of Wisconsin Parkside
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements