Applied Computer Science - MSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
Southeast Missouri State University wants YOU to become future Redhawk! The Office of International Education and Services is delighted to help in this process. Please see the admissions requirements below.
Undergraduate TOEFL 61 / IETLS 5.5 / PTE Academic 45
- Diploma from IB curriculum school whose sole medium of instruction is English
- Diploma from a non-U.S. high school/secondary education where English language is the sole medium of instruction. Your transcript must include three years of high school non-ESL English courses with C or better grades. It will your responsibility to verify the institution’s language of instruction.
- SAT test score of 450 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing section.
- A score of 21 or better Combined English/Writing score on the ACT Plus Writing test.
Postgraduate TOEFL 79 / IELTS 6.0 / PTE Academic 53
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or higher from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education where English language is the sole medium of instruction. Your transcript must include non-ESL English courses. It will be your responsibility to verify the institution’s language of instruction
- Submit your Online application
- Pay the $40 application fee
- Email your supporting documents -Passport -Academic transcripts
To be admissible:
- You must have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) on all previous college work for undergraduate admission.
- Southeast will consider for admissions an international transfer applicant who does not meet standard admission requirement under certain conditions.
To be official:
-Transcripts must be an original or photocopy stamped or signed by a school official, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, or other government authority. -Transcripts can be mailed to Southeast either by you or directly by the issuing body. -Southeast will not review photocopies, faxes, or scans.
Official credential evaluation reports completed by a current member of NACES will be accepted in lieu of official transcripts, if the evaluation indicates that it was based on official transcripts.
Transcripts from US or Canadian schools must be sent to us directly from the school. Official transcripts not in English must be accompanied by a Certified English Translation.This must be provided by a translation agency and stamped by a qualified translator.
- Affidavit of Financial Support and Proof of finances
- Proof of English proficiency
- Standardized test scores (ACT, SAT, etc.) for scholarship consideration (Optional)
IEP students are not required to submit test scores.
If you are studying in the US, submit the SEVIS transfer eligibility form.
To ensure efficiency and timely processing, please try to include all required documents in one email (per student) and provide your last name, first name and date of birth in the subject line.
- Mail your official transcripts
Only mail official transcripts before the following deadlines. All other application materials should be submitted via email.
Fall Semester (August) - application deadline July 1 Spring Semester (January) - application deadline November 1
Later applications may be reviewed. If student goes to the Intensive English Program there are several intakes: August October January March June.
Fees and funding
With generous merit-based scholarships for international students, Southeast prides itself on being both affordable and excellent.
You may be eligible for an Academic Scholarship for international students, if you meet certain test/language and GPA requirements. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships with your Application for Admission to Southeast.
Additionally, each year you will be automatically considered for Endowed Scholarships. Through the generosity of alumni and area businesses, Southeast has over 1,100 endowed scholarships. These are a great option for international students too. If you are awarded an endowed scholarship, you will be notified by email.
International Academic Excellence - $8,000 / year GPA 3.7 / TOEFL 79 / IELTS 6.5 / ACT 27 / SAT 1280+
International Achievement Award (IAA) - up to $5,737.50 / year
GPA 3.2 / TOEFL 69 or IELTS 6.0 or ACT 21 or SAT 1060+ (Its the difference between in-state and out-of state tuition - students need to register for 30 credits per year)
International Student Scholarship - $2,000 / year
For TRANSFER Students
International Achievement Award (IAA) - $5,737.50 / year International Student Scholarship - $2,000 / year GPA 2.5
Visa requirements for Southeast Missouri State University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements