Anthropology, emphasis in archaeology - BA/BSc
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Eastern New Mexico University says about their program:
"If you enjoy history, outdoor activities and detail-oriented work, a degree in archaeology will open up opportunities for work and research as part of a fulfilling career. Our program prepares students who want to immediately work in the field as well as those who want to pursue a graduate degree in anthropology. Our department has several practicing archaeologists, with specialties including: Geoarchaeology, ceramic analysis, historic preservation, cultural resource management, Paleoindian archaeology, plains archaeology, osteology and faunal analysis. Our broad range of specialties allows us to offer a variety of archaeology-focused courses. The time frame for completion of your degree in anthropology will vary for each student, but you can reasonably attain this degree in four years."
Coming to Eastern is easy! Best of all, applying to ENMU is FREE! Our international admission process requires submitting the following documents.
Undergraduate: TOEFL 61 / IELTS 6.0 Postgraduate: TOEFL 79 / IELTS 6.5
- Graduate students who received their baccalaureate degree from a college or university in the United States
- International Students who have completed most of their high school education in English (letter from high school stating this will be required)
- International students who speak English as their native language
Basic Admission Standards for International Students means you may need the following:
- An approved evaluation / translation of official transcripts (the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services maintains a list of approved service providers)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 61 iBT for undergraduates (173 computer-based, 500 written), or IELTS scores of at least 6.0 in lieu of TOEFL. Graduate students should have a TOEFL score of at least 79, 6.5 for IELTS.
- Secondary-school transcripts
- Post-secondary transcripts
- Official transcript from all previously attended universities or colleges
Fall Semester (August) - deadline ongoing Spring Semester (January) - deadline ongoing
Fees and funding
ENMU has joined a movement with many other public institutions to make college more affordable for international and out-of-state students.
Undergraduate tuition - US$8,128 per year Graduate tuition - US$8,986 per year
Non-resident tuition waiver
The ENMU International Programs Non-Resident Tuition Waiver, available to incoming international students, lowers your tuition to in-state rates. Eligibility requirements are 3.0 GPA and 25 ACT / 1130-1169 SAT; 3.2 GPA and 23 ACT / 1060-1089 SAT; or 3.5 college transfer GPA.
The ENMU Foundation provides many scholarships for current students through the help of generous friends of Eastern. They see the value of higher education and the value in you.
Visa requirements for Eastern New Mexico University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements