Anthropology: Archaeology and Biological Anthropology - BA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What California State University, East Bay says about their program:
"Anthropology is the multifaceted study of humanity from an evolutionary, historical, and global perspective. Students in anthropology learn about their own culture as well as those of other peoples as they are shaped by biological evolution, ecological constraints, political history, and sociological conditioning. The Department of Anthropology, Geography, and Environmental Studies offers ethnographic, theoretical and methodological courses in five sub-disciplines: biological anthropology, prehistory and archaeology, linguistic anthropology, sociocultural anthropology, and applied anthropology. Regional courses on major populations of the world, especially the heritage cultures of North and South America, and Asia, form an important component of the curriculum. The B.A. degree program bridges the sciences, social sciences, and humanities, preparing students for multidimensional careers. Fundamentally, the study of anthropology cultivates an appreciation of what all humans share, as well as how humans differ across time and space. Archaeology and Biological Anthropology emphasize the study of human biology, variation, evolution, and the reconstruction of past ways of life and cultural systems from material remains."
- TOEFL - 61
- IELTS - 6
- TOEFL - 80
- IELTS - 6.5
- Have transcript(s) from schools outside or inside the US
- 3.0 GPA required if graduated outside the US
- English proficiency
- Have the equivalent of a US bachelor's degree If you were educated outside of the US, you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year US bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- Have the equivalent of a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Demonstrate English language proficiency You must demonstrate your English language ability by submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score that meets our minimum requirement OR hold a US bachelor's or master's degree. Some applicants may be exempt from this requirement.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition - $16,499 / year
- Graduate tuition - $15,557 - $29,800 / year
The Pioneer Scholarships
Complete applications to be considered for hundreds of institutional scholarships and many private scholarships that are tailored specifically to your eligibility.
- Amounts typically range from $300 to $3,000
- International students are eligible for many awards offered by academic departments or colleges within the University
- Many awards are intended for returning students, so in those cases, incoming students may not apply
Visa requirements for California State University, East Bay
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements