American Studies - BA
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
Please review the following links for information on how to enroll at Saint Francis University as an International student.
UG/PG TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5 For UG only - If students do not meet requirement, they will be admitted through International Oasis (conditional admission).
An English language test is not required if:
- You have studied for 2+ years in high school with all classes in English and can either provide a written statement from the school or the information is included on their transcript
- Is in the English IB Diploma or is taking English A (HL/SL)
Only for Science and Health Science majors, SAT/ACT are mandatory. Minimum SAT score 500 in each category. SAT/ACT are scholarship triggers.
International admission requirements
International Students may submit any of the following applications:
- Saint Francis University Online Application - Fee waived.
- The Common Application - Fee waived.
- Official secondary school (high school) academic records (transcripts, certificates, diplomas, mark sheets) with certified English translations. Transcripts must be translated by the high school or an international credential evaluating agency. World Education Services is recommended.
- If you are a native English speaker or study in a secondary English-speaking school, SAT or ACT are required. Specific majors may require SAT or ACT.
- International Students whose native language is not English must submit proof of English language proficiency. The following are ways in which you can satisfy the language proficiency requirement
TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP scores, or IB score of 5 or higher on the English A 1 or 2 exams. Any applicant, who does not meet the English proficiency requirement, but has a strong academic record, may be admitted to the University and will enroll in the University’s intensive English program, for appropriate course work, until suitable English proficiency is acquired.
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher, professor, or counselor.
Fall Semester (August) - deadline June 15 Spring Semester (January) - deadline November 15
Will review late applications, if student can get a visa appointment.
Fees and funding
Saint Francis University has generous assistance available to international students. All international applicants will be considered for merit scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $20,000. International students may also be eligible for institutional need based grants. To be considered for any institutional grants, all applicants must submit the affidavit of financial support. Scholarships are guaranteed for all years of your program as long as you maintain good academic standing.
Merit Scholarships from $6,000 - $20,000 / year
International Students are also eligible for institutional need base grants
Average Scholarship - $15,000 - 16,000 If they are Catholic, they can get an additional $2,000
Scholarships do not cover health insurance or technology fee
Visa requirements for Saint Francis University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements