Allied Healthcare - Cert
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Mohawk Valley Community College says about their program:
"This certificate prepares students for positions as medical coders and billers in a variety of healthcare settings or in other environments (e.g., billing services, consulting companies, insurance companies, or in their own homes). Many of the courses can be applied toward an MVCC Associate Degree. The number of applicable credits will depend on the degree program in which students are interested.
Prerequisites to entering the Certificate in Allied Health Care:
High school biology or its equivalent is recommended and High School Mathematics Course A or its equivalent is recommended. All incoming students must meet with the program coordinator before entering the program. Professional liability and accident insurance, available through the College, is required. Each professional practice experience site dictates the physical examination and/or immunization requirements for their site. Students may have to travel outside the Utica/Rome area to complete the professional practice experience(s). All costs incurred while enrolled in this program are the students responsibility."
Students will be fully admitted into college-level coursework if they submit one of the following scores:
- TOEFL PBT
- Computer-based TOEFL
- TOEFL iBT
- Duolingo English Test
Scores on standardized tests are valid for two years, so the test date must not exceed two years prior to the date of admission.
For admission to a program at the College, undergraduates will need to do the following:
- Show proof of your completion of high school or its equivalent in your home country
- Submit official documents showing proof of high school completion
- If you have also completed studies past high school or its equivalent, please submit all official documents
Applications are accepted on a rolling admissions process.
Fees and funding
Available for Freshman who will be living in the dormitories:
Mike Briggs Scholarship
$1,000 as tuition credit, books and fees only (for each semester), less aid.
Preference is given to students residing out-of-county in keeping with Mr. Briggs’ interest in helping to promote a diverse student body
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Must be studying full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours)
- Incoming freshmen or freshman-eligible transfers
- Preference students with exceptional extracurricular activities
- Preference to students planning to live in the dorms
Sodexo/MVCC Foundation Meal Plan Scholarship
This award provides two incoming, full-time students with 19 meals per week in the MVCC Dining Hall for one semester of their freshman year.
- Must have maintained at least a 2.0 GPA high school average
- They are selected on the basis of their participation in student and/or community activities prior to admission to MVCC
- Must complete and submit this application with a high school transcript and a letter of recommendation
Visa requirements for Mohawk Valley Community College
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements