Agricultural Science, Plant Science, Non-Thesis Option
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
- University: Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Tallahassee, USA
Tuition fees per year 23,281 USD
Duration 2 years
Program type Master's
Language taught in English
Start date January, August
What Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University says about their program:
"The non-thesis option differs from the existing Master of Science degree program by replacing the six (6) hours of thesis with a research project and two directed electives and administering written and oral comprehensive exit exams designed and administered by the student’s graduate committee. The replacement courses will not include supervised research or thesis and will be selected by the student with the approval of their graduate committee and the Graduate Coordinator. These additional courses will permit students to further focus their graduate training in specialties they and their committee believe are important to their professional development. The only exception to this is that students will be required to take one (1) hour of supervised research in their final semester of enrollment for the expressed purpose of taking their written and oral exit exams. The exit exam will permit the committee to assess the student’s overall level of professional competency and assure that graduates leave the program with a consistent level of proficiency. At the discretion of the student’s graduate committee and the Graduate Coordinator, the written and oral exit exams could include a multiple-semester research project designed to allow students following the non-thesis option an opportunity to conduct applied research."
All International applicants applying to Florida A&M University are required to submit an online application. It is important to provide complete and accurate information. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your application
TOEFL 80 / IELTS 6.5
Some countries are exempt from providing English proficiency test: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Canada (all provinces except Quebec), Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Liberia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, Zambia, Zimbabwe
You may need to do the following to apply at FAMU:
- Submit the online application and $35 non-refundable application fee. While online applications are preferred, some applications and supplemental forms are provided in PDF format. Please review the admissions download forms page if you need hard copies
- Mail the nonrefundable application fee of $30 (money order or cashier's check) if not paying online at the time of application
- A certified bank statement / supporting documentation of finances and international financial statement form
- Academic credentials (credentials must be certified true copies from high school; college or University). Original transcripts from all institutions must be submitted from the foreign institutions directly to the office of admissions. To determine academic eligibility for admissions, academic credentials must be
(a) translated into English and (b) evaluated course by course by an evaluation service. It is the responsibility of the applicant to contact the evaluation agency directly and provide FAMU with an original evaluation of all academic credentials. Acceptable evaluators can be found at the web pages of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- Scores resulting from the SAT or ACT
- Scores resulting from the TOEFL or IELTS
- A completed Certification of Financial Responsibility form indicating your commitment (e.g. from your parents, government, or others) to financially support your education
- Mandatory Health Insurance required for all international Students
Fall Semester (August): deadline May 1 Spring Semester (January): deadline November 1 Summer Sessions (May-June-July): deadline March 1
Fees and funding
FAMU has been consistently recognized for its affordable degree programs.
Latin American and Caribbean students can apply for limited scholarships available that allow students to pay in-state tuition.
Students can submit a scholarship application for departments to make a decision.
Visa requirements for Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements