Agribusiness - BSAG
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Stephen F. Austin State University says about their program:
"Agribusiness is a major designed to prepare the student for an fruitful and exciting career in agricultural production, marketing and finance in both the public and private sector. The agribusiness curriculum emphasizes the integration of business management principles with the core agricultural disciplines such as animal science, and provides the student a solid orientation in the business of agriculture."
SFA is devoted to helping all of students succeed. Not only can you select from a broad range of academic majors, you’ll have access to a wealth of resources and support throughout your time at the University.
TOEFL 79 / IELTS 6.5
Exclusions: If students attended a US/British affiliated high school, students will be considered for an English proficiency waiver.
IB Diplomas / Certificates can be also considered on a case by case.
SAT/ACT are not mandatory for admissions but taken into consideration for qualification to certain scholarships.
First-time freshmen applicants must have:
- At least a 2.5 high school grade point average
- Test scores demonstrating English proficiency
In addition to meeting the English Proficiency requirements, international graduate applicants must meet the same criteria as all graduate applicants.
The minimum undergraduate GPA required is a 2.5 (2.8 for last 60 hours), but there are opportunities for provisional acceptance. Graduate applications will be reviewed holistically by their chosen graduate department.
Note: The Graduate Mathematical Sciences program and Performing Artist Certificate program have different English proficiency requirements (TOEFL = 70 and IELTS = 6.0).
Here’s what you will need to complete your application for admission to SFA:
- A completed application (done through ApplyTexas.org) and the $50 application fee that is paid online at the end of the application
- A credential evaluation of your official secondary school transcripts and official transcript evaluations for all non-US secondary schools attended, including all courses taken and grades received
- Your TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency test scores
- Your official SAT/ACT scores, if taken
- A copy of your passport biographical page
- All documents (except the initial application) should be sent director to the Office of International Programs
Additional criteria for graduate students:
- Have your official GRE/GMAT scores sent to SFA (Once you have applied, you will be notified of the requirement for your chosen program)
- Have a credential evaluation of your official transcripts from any post-secondary schools sent to SFA
Fall Semester (August) - deadline June 1 Spring Semester (January) - deadline October 1 Summer Semester (June-July) - deadline March 1
Fees and funding
SFA strives to provide affordable, high-quality education by maintaining reasonable educational costs. The average total yearly cost for a qualified international student with the Office of International Programs scholarship is less than $20,000. Other scholarships are available to international students. Some require that a student submit an SAT or ACT test score. Students can apply for these scholarships before Feb. 1 each year.
Office of International Programs Scholarship: Amount - $1,000 / year (renewable + in-state tuition rate applied) Requirement - GPA 2.75 for UG / GPA 3.25 (PG)
Undergraduate Academic Excellence and Regents Scholarships: Amount - $3,000 / year (renewable + in-state tuition applied) Requirements – class rank and ACT/SAT scores
Graduate student assistantships – students apply through the academic department for research, teaching, or administrative assistantship ($9,000 - $20,000/year + in-state tuition rates applied)
Visa requirements for Stephen F. Austin State University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements