Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA) Education
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.Speak to a personal advisor (free service)
- University: University of Findlay
- Findlay, USA
Tuition fees per year 33,250 USD
Duration 4 years
Program type Bachelor's
Language taught in English
Start date January, August
What the University of Findlay says about their program:
"Teach an array of subjects in Grades 7-12
University of Findlay’s AYA Education Program will prepare you for a career in teaching junior high and high-school aged students with the ability to double major in education and your chosen field. The College’s philosophy of embedding theory into practice requires you to begin working with students in classrooms during your freshman year. More extensive field experience in the sophomore and junior years prepare you for student teaching senior year.
The University of Findlay's College of Education prepares students to become teachers through:
Extensive field work
Strong mentorships bonds
Assisting in finding jobs before graduation??
??Licensure is offered in the following areas of adolescent/young adult (AYA) education
AYA Integrated Language Arts
AYA Integrated Mathematics
AYA Integrated Science - Teach all science
AYA Life Science - Teach science involving living things (biology, animal sciences, etc.)
AYA Integrated Social Studies
Have questions about the program? Contact Allison Baer, Ph.D., [email protected] or 419-434-4460.
The College of Education is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Programs are approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Already have a degree?
If you have already graduated with a bachelors degree but are looking to become a teacher, check out our AYA Post-baccalaureate Licensure option.
Applying to Findlay is easy and free. Please see below what is required to apply.
UG TOEFL 61 / IELTS 6.0 PG TOEFL 79 / IELTS 7.0 (MBA IELTS 6.5)
SAT not mandatory but optional
The following items are required for undergraduate programs:
- An Undergraduate application.
- Original and official credentials showing completion of required secondary school work, or work completed through at least the first term of the final year.
- If you are a freshman applicant with less than 30 undergraduate credit hours completed, you need to provide original and official credentials showing completion of secondary school and any university coursework completed.
- If you are a transfer applicant with more than 30 undergraduate credit hours, you must submit your original and official university transcripts. You do not need to provide secondary school credentials.
- If you are an undergraduate student applying for a second bachelor's degree, you need to provide credentials showing completion and awarding of bachelor's degree.
- Official proof of English proficiency in the form of TOEFL (61), IELTS (6.0), iTEP (3.5) or PTE Academic (50) score. You may also use successful completion of Level 8 of The Language Company.
The following items are required for all graduate programs:
- Educational Credentials
- Copy of Passport
Please Note that GMAT and GRE scores, as well as academic TOEFL or IELTS scores are NOT required.
Fall Semester (August) - June 15 (accept late applications) Spring Semester (January) - October 15 (accept late applications)
Fees and funding
A full-time undergraduate student at Findlay normally takes between 12-18 credit hours per semester. A full year of undergraduate tuition is $33,250. It is estimated to take four years to complete an undergraduate degree.
The University of Findlay offers scholarships specifically for international students ranging from $2,000 a program for some of the graduate programs, to $15,000 a year for undergraduate students. In addition, MBA and Master’s of Science in Environmental, Safety and Health Management Programs offer free text books.
Scholarships based on academics
- 2.0 - 2.49 GPA - $8,000 / year
- 2.5 - 2.99 GPA - $10,000 / year
- 3.0 - 3.49 GPA - $14,000 / year
- 3.5 - 4.0 GPA - $15,000 / year
For additional scholarships, SAT scores will be considered for additional scholarships.
Average scholarship for UG students GPAs 3.0 - $14,000 / year
- Environmental Safety and MBA - $2,000 automatically
- All other programs - $1,000 automatically
Intensive English Language Program - $1,500 divided for Fall and Spring Semesters
Visa requirements for the University of Findlay
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements