Adolescence Education (Grades 7-12) - BS
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What State University of New York at Oswego says about their program:
"In addition to coursework in the liberal arts, you will study in a certification area (biology, chemistry, earth sciences, English, French, German, mathematics, physics, social studies or Spanish) as well as in other arts and sciences support areas. To teach at this level, you would become proficient in your discipline, learning theories and adolescent development."
- IELTS 6
- TOEFL 71
- Duolingo 100
- PTE 55
- TOEFL 79 (81 for MBA programs)
- Duolingo 105
- IELTS 6.5
- Have the equivalent of a US high school diploma;
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) equivalent to 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale;
- Show an English proficiency score of 71 for TOEFL, 6.0 for IELTS, or 55 in PTE. Additional scores may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Conditional admission is also possible.
- Sealed official college transcript mailed separately and directly by your prior college or school to the Office of Graduate Studies
- Original bank statement with a bank official's signature and stamp evidencing sufficient funds for one year and if supported by a sponsor, a completed SUNY International Student Financial Statement signed and stamped by your sponsor's bank and sponsor.
- All non-native English-speaking international students must submit either the TOEFL or IELTS score. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 is required; however, our MBA programs require 83. The minimum grade for IELTS is 6.5. Students scoring below this level will need intensive English preparation prior to admission. You can send English proficiency scores directly to SUNY Oswego using the college code 2543.
- Two letters of recommendation will be required as part of the application process.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition - $18,627 / year
- Graduate tuition - $18,981 / year
These scholarships, available in three monetary levels, are awarded to incoming first-year students who have demonstrated outstanding academic excellence with a strong record of classroom achievement in a challenging college preparatory curriculum. These scholarships are competitively awarded to the top 35-40% of students in the entering class. They are renewable for four years by maintaining a minimum 3.00 GPA.
- Presidential - $20,000 (4 years)
- Dean - $6,000 (4 years)
- Merit - $3,000 (4 years)
Destination Oswego Scholarship
These awards are available to first-year and transfer non-New York state residents and international students, who are not otherwise eligible for New York state tuition, and require full-time study. The award amount is $9,000 annually for up to four years. Requires on-campus housing and full-time status.
Visa requirements for State University of New York at Oswego
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements