Accelerated Nursing - BSN
Full program details & costs, with admission requirements. Discover your dream program.
What Goodwin University says about their program:
"Our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program is geared towards individuals that already have a bachelor’s degree (minimum 3.0 GPA to qualify) in a non-nursing major from a regionally-accredited college or university. This accelerated second bachelor’s degree program will allow you to get licensed as an RN and working in the field quickly. If you do not already have a bachelor’s degree, you may be interested in our associate degree in nursing."
The Goodwin University admissions process is straightforward and supportive.
TOEFL 61 / IELTS 5.5
SAT / ACT can also be considered as an English proficiency.
Applicants who have successfully completed secondary school in select countries may not be required to provide TOEFL/IELTS scores. Countries: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Canada, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Hong Kong, Indi, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Namibia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, United Kingdom, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
If students have completed secondary education in English, requirement can be waived.
Applicants to Goodwin University are required to:
- Complete an application for admission to the University
- Interview with an admissions officer
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (may be waived for eligible applicants)
- Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent or sign a Certification of Attainment of a high school diploma or equivalent. (In some cases you may need to follow up with your school to make sure your transcript is sent to the University)
- Arrange to take the college success on-site placement evaluation prior to registration (may be waived for transfer students or for students that meet required SAT scores). A study guide will be provided for your review
- Submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps & Rubella and Varicella). Students who lack required vaccinations may be referred to a healthcare provider for prompt service
- If you have previously earned college credits or a degree, send your official college transcript to Goodwin. Although an unofficial transcript is sufficient for you to enroll and register for your first semester coursework, you must be able to provide an official transcript in order to officially transfer those credits to Goodwin
Graduate applicants to Goodwin University are required to:
- Complete a graduate application for admission
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (waived for Goodwin University graduates)
- Submit an official transcript verifying receipt of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Minimum of 3.0 CGPA in undergraduate degree. Applicants with less than a 3.0 CGPA may be considered for conditional admittance into the program under certain circumstances
- Provide a professional resume
- Submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella)
Fall semester (September): deadline July 15 (flexible) Spring semester (January): deadline November 15 Summer semester (May): deadline March 15
Fees and funding
By advising international students on opportunities and providing funding based on both merit and need, Goodwin is committed to its recruitment of these accomplished, entrepreneurial, and hard-working students.
International Students will have the opportunity to apply for funding upon admission to Goodwin University. Funds are awarded based on need and merit. The admissions team will work with each student to determine student need and availability of institutional funds. You could receive between $3,000 - $5,000. There is a maximum scholarship of $14,000 per year.
TOEFL / high school GPA are looked into when distributing scholarships: 2.8 - 3.0 for lower scholarships, and the higher the GPA more scholarship is offered.
Visa requirements for Goodwin University
Many international students will require a visa to study in the US, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.USA student visa requirements