Study abroad at Siberian Federal University
Siberian Federal University (SibFU) is a pioneering institution based in Krasnoyarsk, a large and prominent city in Siberia, Russia. The University has a total of five sites in Krasnoyarsk, and over 27,000 students from across Russia and the world are enrolled at SibFU.
SibFU offers an extensive selection of innovative courses across a multitude of academic and creative disciplines, including mathematics, psychology, design, law, art history, and advertising and PR - there’s a program for all at SibFU.
The University is a fantastic place to live and learn. There are amazing on-campus facilities for international students to enjoy, like spacious study areas, peaceful green spaces, social zones, gyms, swimming pools, sports stadiums, and football pitches.
There are lots of extra-curricular opportunities for international students to take advantage of outside the classroom. Students are free to join over 150 student clubs, which include everything from sports teams to creative workshops.
Why study at Siberian Federal University?
- Multicultural environment
Students from far and wide live and study at SibFU
- Work experience
Krasnoyarsk is a major economic hub with lots of job opportunities
- Excellent lecturers
Students receive outstanding learning support from friendly professors
- Student-friendly city
SibFU is in a convenient location, everything students need is easily accessible
Life as an international student
Thousands of students flock to Krasnoyarsk every year to study at SibFU. The University is particularly popular with international students - there are currently over 900 students from more than 50 countries living and studying there.
There are accommodation blocks available at every site. Each residence is within walking distance from campus, making it a super convenient housing option. Students have the option to live in a single, double, or triple room.
The University’s international office provides a range of useful services to support international students. They’re on hand to assist with issues of all shapes and sizes, from administration queries to help with cultural adjustment.
Student life & facilities
How Studee can help you
University & program searchFind the right program for you and your career aspirations
Application guidanceWe'll get you to the right place to start your application
Visa & travel adviceGet help after application, all the way to your first day at university
Our team of advisors is ready to support you at every step of your study abroad journey.
Our services are 100% free for students like you because we're funded by universities.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition - From RUB149,720 (US$1,941) to RUB293,370 (US$3,802) per year
- Graduate tuition - From RUB160,316 (US$2,078) to RUB260,000 (US$3,370) per year
Russian Government Scholarships
- Amount - Free tuition and maintenance allowance for the entire program. Average scholarship is around 1,484 RUB per month (approximately US$22); dormitory accommodation (if available).
- Requirements - Certain groups of foreigners, Russians living abroad, and immigrants can apply for state scholarships on the same terms as Russian citizens once they pass entrance exams or Uniform State Examination (EGE).
Graduate Scholarships: Open Doors Scholarship
- Amount - Eligibility to get a quota for enrolling in one of the Master’s or PhD programs
- Requirements - Open to foreigners and stateless persons, including compatriots living abroad, completing a UG/PG program. The Olympiad is held online in two rounds for master’s degree and three rounds for PhD.
Siberian Federal University
Svobodnyy Ave, 82А, Krasnoyarsk, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia, 660041
Krasnoyarsk is an amazing place. Students can wave goodbye to boredom thanks to the abundance of things to discover and experience in the city. In addition to the gorgeous scenery and nature spots, there are plenty of restaurants and social venues to explore.
Visa requirements for Siberian Feveral University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Russia, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Russia student visa requirements