LUT University: We maximize your chance of getting admitted
The smart alternative to applying direct for a degree at LUT University and the easy way to find programs that match your eligibility and aspirations
Study abroad at Lappeenranta-Lahti University
Lappeenranta-Lahti University (LUT) is an exciting higher education institution headquartered in Lappeenranta, a gorgeous city in Finland. There is also a wonderful second campus in Lahti.
Staff at LUT strive to address issues that matter to the world, especially those that others may consider impossible to solve. They do things differently, look at things from unexpected perspectives, and fight for a better society.
The University provides brilliant bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in the business and technology disciplines. Courses include business administration, electrical engineering, and energy technology to name a few.
International students enrolled at LUT have a wealth of excellent facilities available to enjoy. The amazing campus houses a state-of-the-art library, spacious learning areas, vibrant social zones, and a range of outstanding student services.
Why study at LUT University?
- High ranking
LUT is among the top 300 universities in the world (Times Higher Education 2021)
- Small classes
Teachers and students get to know each other on an individual level
- Great location
Finland is ranked among the leading countries in terms of living standards
Life as an international student
LUT’s international student community currently consists of 6,500 students from over 80 different countries. The atmosphere on campus is incredibly warm, welcoming, and multicultural - you’ll feel at home in no time.
International students are supported by skilled staff members and fellow students at LUT. The student union organizes lots of activities to help students achieve a healthy balance between their studies and wellbeing.
Overseas students can apply for student accommodation through student housing associations. Apartments are regularly maintained and in good condition. Municipal rental apartments or private rental services are also an option for students.
Student life & facilities
How we maximize your chance of getting admitted
Programs matched to you
Filter 10,000s of programs down to a shortlist perfect for you, where you have a strong chance of getting admitted
Apply online via Studee
Complete our application form and only answer the same question once no matter how many programs you apply for
Review, improve & submit
We rigorously assess your application to ensure you have the best chance of getting admitted before we submit it
Key updates & guidance
Never miss a deadline or request that could cost you an offer with our regular reminders and updates
Our services are 100% free for students like you because we're funded by universities.
Fees and funding
- Undergraduate tuition: from €9,000 to €9,500 per year
- Graduate tuition: €13,500 per year
Scholarships in the bachelor's program in Technology and Engineering Science and Industrial Engineering and Management are as follows:
- First year - None available for the first academic year
- Second year - A 50% scholarship may be granted to students successfully completing their studies in the first academic year (min. 60 ECTS credits)
- Third year - A 50% scholarship may be granted to students successfully completing min. 120 ECTS credits in the first and second academic years
First academic year - Early Bird Discount
- Amount - Early Bird Discount of €6,000 for the first academic year
- Requirements - confirming your place in the program and paying the remaining tuition fee of €7,500 within three weeks from having received the Certificate of Admission
First academic year: Finland Scholarship
- Amount - Full cover for a tuition fee plus, €5,000 for the living costs
- Requirements - There are four Finland Scholarships offered in total among all the programs in rolling admission and they are awarded in the order of admittance
Second academic year: Scholarship
- Amount - A scholarship of €6,000 for the second academic year
- Requirements - Meeting with the requirement of having completed a minimum of 60 ECTS credits of studies included in the personal study plan during the first academic year
After bachelor's studies
- Amount - Tuition fee price is €7,500 per year
- Requirements - After bachelor's studies, if the student continues their studies in a master's program after completing their bachelor's studies at LUT University, the tuition fee for the first year of master's studies is €7,500. After the first year, the rules concerning the tuition fees in master's programs are applied.
Yliopistonkatu 34, 53850 Lappeenranta, Finland
Each LUT campus is located in a popular student-friendly city. International students living in Lappeenranta or Lahti are surrounded by fantastic food joints, awesome social hangouts, lively entertainment venues, and lots more.
Visa requirements for LUT University
Many international students will require a visa to study in Finland, and this is a vital step of your study abroad journey. Make sure you understand the requirements you may need to meet before applying.Finland student visa requirements